• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CAVOUR Official Community - Discuss Tailoring, Shirting, Shoes & More - Official Affiliate Thread

Whitsun00

Reaction score
I sized up from my usual 48 after finding Cavour’s 48s too tight, to a 50 in the wool-silk jacket. It fits well, and it’s a beautiful jacket, but I’m getting some shoulder divots now.

Wondering if there’s anything I can do to avoid these, or if they’re not a big enough deal to worry about. I love the jacket otherwise. (Ignore how it hangs at the back, I haven’t taken the tacking stitching out).

Attachments

• IMG_1578.jpeg
    IMG_1578.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1577.jpeg
    IMG_1577.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_1573.jpeg
    IMG_1573.jpeg
    267.9 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_1574.jpeg
    IMG_1574.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_1576.jpeg
    IMG_1576.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 238

zurich64

Reaction score
Their new pricing is all over the place

+10% for GBP
+20% for USD
+5% for SEK

Really kind of bizarre
Difference is even more, when you consider EU prices INCLUDES VAT, while shipping to Switzerland should remove VAT but instead, website adds another 20%, making the difference more like 40%, then there are duties and taxes to pay on arrival in Switzerland, so it is getting 50-60% more than what I would pay if receiving the clothes in Germany. I don't mind paying taxes and duties, but why is VAT not being removed when shipping out of country, and why is an extra 20% being strapped on top? This is a development in past year or so, as I remember prices being comparable earlier.

St1X

Reaction score
I sized up from my usual 48 after finding Cavour’s 48s too tight, to a 50 in the wool-silk jacket. It fits well, and it’s a beautiful jacket, but I’m getting some shoulder divots now.

Wondering if there’s anything I can do to avoid these, or if they’re not a big enough deal to worry about. I love the jacket otherwise. (Ignore how it hangs at the back, I haven’t taken the tacking stitching out).
Seems like you have a very sloped shoulders for this jacket and you might need to insert shoulder pads to compensate for this

mirraclee

Reaction score

send it back

jsong812

Reaction score

I had the same problem with this exact jacket. Cavour jackets have always fit me well but this is the first time ive ever returned a jacket from them because of fit issues. It almost feels like they added a little bit of shoulder padding to this particular which is an issue if the shoulders are not cut wide enough.

jamie411

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland when a pair of Mod2 trousers says “single pleat” and “side tabs” in the description, but the pictures show flat front with belt loops, which is the correct description/depiction?

Thanks!

steiger

Reaction score
Need some fit advice here.. I usually wear a EU50 from other brands and ordered both a 50 and a 52. The 50 trousers were too tight esp in the hip and thigh area but the 52 fit much better, just have to take the waist in.
The 52 jacket looks a bit big imo, should I keep it and tailor it (sleeve length and take in the waist) or send it back? Appreciate some opinions on this.

Attachments

• IMG_3935.jpeg
    IMG_3935.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_3936.jpeg
    IMG_3936.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3939.jpeg
    IMG_3939.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3940.jpeg
    IMG_3940.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_3941.jpeg
    IMG_3941.jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3942.jpeg
    IMG_3942.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3943.jpeg
    IMG_3943.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 208

St1X

Reaction score
Need some fit advice here.. I usually wear a EU50 from other brands and ordered both a 50 and a 52. The 50 trousers were too tight esp in the hip and thigh area but the 52 fit much better, just have to take the waist in.
The 52 jacket looks a bit big imo, should I keep it and tailor it (sleeve length and take in the waist) or send it back? Appreciate some opinions on this.
It depends on the look you prefer. I like slim fitting jackets. But the pants in the same size are so skinny that I can't fit into them even if I'll let out everything. When I size up a size in the jacket - it is just too big and needs to be taken in everywhere, including sleeves. Too much tailoring. But the worst is that it's extra cm of length throws off proportions for me.
So you should nit pick your fit preferences. There are plenty of people who'll tell you bigger size looks good on you, even if it looks like a sack on you, because that's the fit they prefer. I am not saying this is the case here.
Also, Cavour has plenty of allowance in the seams, so letting out pants in the hips is not a problem

steiger

Reaction score
It depends on the look you prefer. I like slim fitting jackets. But the pants in the same size are so skinny that I can't fit into them even if I'll let out everything. When I size up a size in the jacket - it is just too big and needs to be taken in everywhere, including sleeves. Too much tailoring. But the worst is that it's extra cm of length throws off proportions for me.
So you should nit pick your fit preferences. There are plenty of people who'll tell you bigger size looks good on you, even if it looks like a sack on you, because that's the fit they prefer. I am not saying this is the case here.
Also, Cavour has plenty of allowance in the seams, so letting out pants in the hips is not a problem

Thanks for the response. Sounds like we are in the same boat with sizing. I usually go for a more slim fitting jacket as well but the Cavour 50 jacket is a bit too small in the shoulders as I’v been hitting the gym a lot lately, otherwise it fits nicely off the rack. In my eyes (preference) this jacket looks a size or a half too big but it fits perfectly in the shoulders so I was thinking if I could tailor it to fit more like a 50 except in the shoulders.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Sounds like we are in the same boat with sizing. I usually go for a more slim fitting jacket as well but the Cavour 50 jacket is a bit too small in the shoulders as I’v been hitting the gym a lot lately, otherwise it fits nicely off the rack. In my eyes (preference) this jacket looks a size or a half too big but it fits perfectly in the shoulders so I was thinking if I could tailor it to fit more like a 50 except in the shoulders.
It’s only slightly too big. The shoulders are spot on. Just make sure the tailor takes it in from the side seams.

oucheebooboo

Reaction score
@kevinsvindland I apologize if this has previously been addressed....

I just ordered your Mod 3, "Twist" trouser on sale. You've mentioned that it is "similar to Crispaire". I assumed it was a "hightwist" fabric, but noticed you also have a "summer hightwist" (Mod 2). Can you clarify the "twist" differences, if any? Is it simply an issue of seasonal weight and breathability? Or are the two fabrics basically the same?

I'll be "twisting in the wind" (idiomatic expression) until you've straightened out the issue/s.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Been eying Cavour for quite some time and grabbed my first suit today. I prefer a more "fuller look" so sized up on this Mod 2 linen suit. Ignoring the trousers that I will obviously have let out, how salvageable is the jacket? I need to have to pinched in at the waist I believe, and have the sleeves shortened, but I'm thinking I may also have to play with the length of the jacket as well, which I really want to avoid (either don't do it and keep the suit, or straight return).
Could you gives give me your feedback?

Attachments

• Image (1).jpeg
    Image (1).jpeg
    263.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Image (2).jpeg
    Image (2).jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 150
  • Image (4).jpeg
    Image (4).jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 197

regalpirate

Reaction score
Been eying Cavour for quite some time and grabbed my first suit today. I prefer a more "fuller look" so sized up on this Mod 2 linen suit. Ignoring the trousers that I will obviously have let out, how salvageable is the jacket? I need to have to pinched in at the waist I believe, and have the sleeves shortened, but I'm thinking I may also have to play with the length of the jacket as well, which I really want to avoid (either don't do it and keep the suit, or straight return).
Length and waist seem OK imo. The problem lies in the shoulders - it looks a little bit tight. You probably have a more muscular build. Although, it may look like that because of the naturally creasing propensity of the fabric

CLH03

Reaction score
Length looks fine. As the other poster said, shoulders and arms look a bit snug? Could be the linen.

Also, the length might look off or too long, because the hips of the jacket are too large. Taking this in can really change the look of that.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks mostly good, but, ya, those shoulders are a hard no from me. If they look small in robo pose, they're going to look and feel SMALL in movement. I have RTW jackets (not Cavour) that are wider than that and ride up/push my delts out into the sleevehead as soon as I move.

I'd say size up, butttttt if that jacket is longer than you're comfortable with, Cavour'sfit may not work for you.

Featured Sponsor

"Movie Stills" Challenge: VOTE

• PSB

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Clouseau

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Kaplan

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Calypso

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Lupin 3

Votes: 6 18.8%