• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lori7arson

Reaction score
I drive a 2000 Accord most of the time and a 2004 Mercedes SL65 on the weekends (traded in the porsche)
01.jpg
28.jpg
03.jpg

05.jpg
04.jpg
29.jpg

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the e31 is one of those cars where on paper you think they make you look like a badass...

but the reality is that at this point they look incredibly dated and no one except BMW geeks know what this car is and you dont want to ******** with them anyway and now you have to find all these unobtainable parts with no payback I. sight...so you just say *******

To clarify I already had an e31 just want another one

And I'm not trying to get noticed, whole point in trying to pick up an e31 or NSX

Parts are easy, local mechanic has sourced me stuff with no issues on previous car

And why would I buy the car for payback?

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

BMW_E30_325i_Engine_Swap_V8_740i_0_resize.jpg
1989 BMW 325i
VIN: WBAAA230XKAE71594
Chassis mileage: 250,000
Engine type: 4.0 BMW V8 m60 (from 740i) with 60,000 miles
How long have you had the car? The chassis started out as an automatic 325i bought from an enthusiast in San Diego 4 years ago. Describe the body condition: Its your average daily driver. Paint is original (7 out of 10), there are small dings and dents. Like every other e30 on the planet, the front two fenders have dents in them. Its a full function over form car. Its the fast car you can daily driver and not need to worry. Describe the mechanical condition: Car is being daily driven. Runs great. All maintenance was done on v8 before it was swapped into the e30. Some of the maintenance items that were done are; Oil pan gasket, water pump, thermostat, thottle body gasket, new ccv, intake manifold gasket, runner tubes under the manifold, new trans guibo, etc. Only minor issue is 4th gear syncro is weak. Included documentation: Title, some receipts, and radio manual. What makes this car special? Its simple really. Its the garagistic v8 test mule Lela. This car literally wrote the book on swap. Its the perfect receipt: V8 + 6 speed + 2800lbs. Car is a phenomenal experience on the track. With the 60mm brakes in the front and close to 300lbs of torque on tap. Its epic. Asking Price: $10,000 +1 for the M3 LTW wheels -5 if they are replicas -10 because they are white
laugh3-smiley.gif
Those aren't LTW wheels. That car would scream, though. Got back and here's what my neighbor has in his three parking spaces currently (note the "__-12" license plates across the board)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

To clarify I already had an e31 just want another one

And I'm not trying to get noticed, whole point in trying to pick up an e31 or NSX

Parts are easy, local mechanic has sourced me stuff with no issues on previous car

And why would I buy the car for payback?

ignore me. that was a drunk poast :laugh:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just got to Fort Lauderdale and haven't even left the airport and a white 458 drove by.

Dat exhaust :drool:

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
FWIW I'd get a stock NSX over an E31, and I even like that era of BMW's. I just don't like the 8-series.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just got to Fort Lauderdale and haven't even left the airport and a white 458 drove by.

Dat exhaust :drool:
are you renting a car with Hertz? see if they'll upgrade you to a Vette, AMG or Panamera...they're hella expensive to rent upfront but if you have a previous reservation and one of those cars is just sitting there, they'll usually put you in those for a smaller upgrade fee. the Vette 50th anniv I rented was $40 a day more, but the price probably varies by car and by demand

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Debating whether to get an e31 or an Honda nsx next. Had an e31 that I almost fully restored until it got totaled

Without a doubt get the NSX. No comparison. What year are we talking? Any chance you can find a Monaco Blue? <3<3<3

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I never liked the vast center consoles of the big 7s and how far your lady has to lean over to give you a Hummer.

ftfy

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
30k for that? Man, new business plan:

Buy a bunch of old BMWs

Webboards

Profit!

hrb

Reaction score

Thinking about getting a  Bmw 745 year 2002.

Thoughts about that car?

As I understand, they fall into the range rover folly of high maintenance and repair bills that account the incredibly tempting price tag. That said I found them to be quite nice inside and the body style has held up well for a 10 year old model. This is, of course, coming from a non-owner, will be interested to hear what others have to say.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads