• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Carmina, I agree this may need some attention. I recently bought two pairs of shoe trees in size 10 UK at one of your stores (while traveling for work). I wear 10UK in most Carmina, but go up to 10.5 in Simpson/Alcudia. The trees barely fit in my 10.5 Simpson - I think the fit is fine, but it's close. However, the trees are clearly too big for my size 10 Inca last shoes - they are visibly stretching the heels. I'm not using them now because I don't change the fit of the shoes. The sizes were based on a recommendation from the store employee, and seem perfectly reasonable. It might be good to come up with an index of what trees fit in what size/last combinations of your shoes.

We can exchange the size of your shoetrees if you wish, let us know the date when you purchased your shoes and we will contact the store manager in Paris to see how we can proceed with the exchange.

Carmina

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Where does one find the cognac Adelaide?
Skoaktiebolaget

You will only find them in polo suede and brown vegano in their page.

This pair can be manufactured in any leather using our customisation page. Let us know you are coming from styleforum and we will give you some tips to create the pair.

We will be soon launching this model in tanned vegano. We advise you to put the order on hold since three new colours are going to be launched in the next week.

Have a great day!

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You will only find them in polo suede and brown vegano in their page.

This pair can be manufactured in any leather using our customisation page. Let us know you are coming from styleforum and we will give you some tips to create the pair.

We will be soon launching this model in tanned vegano. We advise you to put the order on hold since three new colours are going to be launched in the next week.

Have a great day!

Wow...I'm interested!

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could someone post a of a well worn pair of double-monks, curious to see how they wear.

Thanks.

4 year old Carmina Double Monks that I normally wear 2 times a week. They have held up great. Hope this helps.
IMG_1979.JPG

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think cap-less (can I call shoes with medallions plain toes?) adelaides are my favorite type of shoe out there.

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Edit to my post from yesterday. I learned from Carmina that the shoes I have are EE width but that Carmina also made an adjustment to the Rain last some years ago, widening it a touch (a few mm). Was anyone an active Carmina purchaser over that period and can describe the change in fit in the Rain across the change? I'll try to verify when the change happened but I'm sure Carmina will weigh in when they log back in (I suspect they are busy with Pitti, but was pleased to get a response within 12 hours on my query).

Last edited:

WillingToLearn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meyboom

Reaction score
Edit to my post from yesterday. I learned from Carmina that the shoes I have are EE width but that Carmina also made an adjustment to the Rain last some years ago, widening it a touch (a few mm). Was anyone an active Carmina purchaser over that period and can describe the change in fit in the Rain across the change? I'll try to verify when the change happened but I'm sure Carmina will weigh in when they log back in (I suspect they are busy with Pitti, but was pleased to get a response within 12 hours on my query).

That is interesting information. I have a pair of Carminas on the Rain last that I bought some years ago and I've always had the impression they had a snugger fit than my more recent pairs. For me the difference is noticeable in the waist and forefoot. I've always thought it was due to the difference in leather or pattern... Tbh I like the fit of the older pair better.

NJE66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina (or anyone in possession of answers)!

Recently purchased a pair semibrouges oxford on Rain last, modell 10051 in marron (serial 2-3088) from the Carmina store in Barcelona.

Basically I have two questions:

1) The 10051 on your Carmina site is labeled EE. Being in possession of a pair of 10051, does that automatically mean mine pair being equal with EE (meaning only produced in EE in this model)? If not, I interpret you manufacturing the model in both E and EE?

2) Does EE indicate wider or less volym than E?

Important to establish before further purchases, answer dictate sizing up or not.

Thank you in advance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads