• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KC79

Reaction score

I am also waiting on my MTO from online launch week. Betty told me that they will ship in 3rd week of Dec, but no other update yet!!

people are already getting their MTO from black friday?  i'm still waiting on my MTO from MTO online launch...

I've literally just picked up my two pairs of MTO launch shoes from the courier. They seem to be starting to flow through but I'd guess we'll see some variation based on complexity and perhaps workflow/production line efficiency.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
people are already getting their MTO from black friday? i'm still waiting on my MTO from MTO online launch...
I got my MTO waived shoes yesterday. It was my wife's b-day so was kinda busy. I opened them up just now and they are outstanding. I will take some good sunlight pix this weekend. I work and there is no sunlight when I get home anymore
censored.gif
I was not expecting the shoe trees. It took exactly 44 days. Oh, they are shell
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Last edited:

wsupjs

Reaction score
I received by Black Friday shoes today... and like another member, the shell cordovan belt was not included in the shipment. I emailed Betty to receive an update on why it wasn't included, since I was very clear in the my order about the belt size, and received a follow up from them about it after making the order.

The shoes (black wholecut) and accessories look great. I'll likely resell the Ipad cover and mouse pad because I don't have any Ipad or need the mouse pad. Hopefully the belt shows up, or I get reimbursed for its value.

Last edited:

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got those same chukkas, they are going to be delivered tomorrow. Beautiful boots.

Nice! Did you get them from Palacio de Hierro? You are going to love them.

What model Carmina chukka is this? Is that the Rain last? Beautiful!

I don't know the name model, but yes, it is in the Rain last, vegano leather, color says in the box, maroon.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Near perfect.  Size 7 would almost definitely be too tight up front unless I went with a wider fit.  I think I'll take my chance with the sole softening up, which as you said, should mitigate some of the slip.

I had heel slip in my shell oxfords on the Rain last until I broke them in. If they fit well everywhere else, I think you'll be fine after break-in. I wish Carmina offered a version with a narrower heel.

youtubs

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a pair of black museum calf through Carmina? I'm thinking about getting a pair of boots in it, but haven't been able to find any product shots.

jlasya

Reaction score
anyone had any issues (customs wise or lengthy delivery time) exchanging shoes with carmina? as in sending them back to spain?

Sent some shoes back late Nov and they havent arrived. Betty at Carmina hasnt seen them either

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads