• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

SushiOfTheGods

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Thanks again guys.  Mostly Mac method with the occasional application of Saphir Cordovan cream to help keep the shell moisturized.  I have more recently taken to using a thin finishing coat of neutral paste wax to help mitigate water spotting.

Hey RP, is the neutral paste wax more preventative maintenance or is it a fix?

Chowkin

Reaction score

arglist

Reaction score
Hi guys

I own a pair of balmoral boots on Forest last in Cognac Shell Cordovan and on double leather sole (pattern 800092). They are fantastic with suits but I don't wear them on rainy days because I don't want to ruin the shell.

So I went looking for the same model in Vegano Chestnut or Vegano Brown calf, preferably with Dainite sole but could not find them anywhere. Carmina sells them in Black and Suede in their webshop though both with leather sole.

I think my combination would be the perfect fall/winter/spring business boot and am surprised that this is not a standard model. What do you think?

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I own a pair of balmoral boots on Forest last in Cognac Shell Cordovan and on double leather sole (pattern 800092). They are fantastic with suits but I don't wear them on rainy days because I don't want to ruin the shell.

So I went looking for the same model in Vegano Chestnut or Vegano Brown calf, preferably with Dainite sole but could not find them anywhere. Carmina sells them in Black and Suede in their webshop though both with leather sole.

I think my combination would be the perfect fall/winter/spring business boot and am surprised that this is not a standard model. What do you think?
Get some Alden Leather Defender and you can worry a little less about the foul weather.
Shell is extremely resilient.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Hi guys

I would personally rather wear shell in the rain over calf. Shell is tough stuff. I don't understand why you would rather ruin a pair of boots made of calf.

arglist

Reaction score
Get some Alden Leather Defender and you can worry a little less about the foul weather.
Shell is extremely resilient.

Shhhhhh! You're ruining my excuse to order another pair of boots.
mad.gif

But besides that I could not find this product in Europe. Anybody know a source?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for you Carmina pros...

I have several Carmina boots and I find the laces keep unravelling from the hooks. The actual knot stays in place but the laces below get unhooked.

Anyone experience that??

arglist

Reaction score
I would personally rather wear shell in the rain over calf. Shell is tough stuff. I don't understand why you would rather ruin a pair of boots made of calf.

Yeah, I keep reading this. But both my Aldens and my Carminas get spots all over when in contact with rain. And they're both regularly treated with Saphir Cordo Cream and occasionally wax.

On the other hand I have several pairs of well waxed calf leather shoes that remain their shine when used in rainy weather.

YMMV, I guess.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I keep reading this. But both my Aldens and my Carminas get spots all over when in contact with rain. And they're both regularly treated with Saphir Cordo Cream and occasionally wax.

On the other hand I have several pairs of well waxed calf leather shoes that remain their shine when used in rainy weather.

YMMV, I guess.

That's my experience as well. It's not that shell will get ruined in the rain, it's those damned spots that are unattractive and a bit of a PITA to remove.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads