• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realize that I'm on the Carmina thread (and I love Carmina), but will you give me your preferences of the Carmina navy suede longwing vs the Alden suede longwing (barrie last)? I just ordered blue suede longwings from Alden NYC, and a day later skoaktiebolaget releases the ones above! How different is the blue color and the fit of the lasts? I can send the Aldens back, but I wouldn't do so with the Carmina version due to shipping costs. Thanks in advance!

GooseG

Reaction score

Does anyone know where to buy shell cordovan belts? I'm looking to get ruby, saddle, and cigar colors. They're so difficult to find. Carmina also does not make cordovan belts in these colors

Thx

Rancourt & Co. makes them. You can get caramel (natural), navy, color 8, espresso (dark brown), and I think green.

Agrajag

Reaction score
Agrajag, they look great, they'd be keepers for me. You'll love em

BTW what size are they?
mwink[1].gif

I can't really imagine a scenario where I am able to walk all the way to the post office with them. I did actually ask for return instructions, and even packed them up before I went to sleep couple of days ago. I unpacked them again immediately after coming home from work the next day.

They're size 7UK.

Agrajag...........those look amazing!

Where did you buy them from?

They sure do.

Pelikamo. As you can see on their site they offer free shipping anywhere. The part about costums is only partially true though, they added the difference in Norwegian and Swiss VAT at checkout. Still very good costumer service, and they do have them in brown as well.

eddiemczee

Reaction score
The material on the side of this boot looks as if it comes way too close to the sole.
Are we talking about the stormwelt? If so, I don't mind it. My plan is to eventually get a pair of black Chelsea boots with danite sole to use as another pair of rain boots, so the stormwelt works for me. I enjoy that they are on the Soller last as well.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
That makes it look much better, RP.

Are we talking about the stormwelt? If so, I don't mind it. My plan is to eventually get a pair of black Chelsea boots with danite sole to use as another pair of rain boots, so the stormwelt works for me. I enjoy that they are on the Soller last as well.

No, I was referring to the elastic material on the side of the shoe. It looked like it came down very close to the sole on the other picture.

rc121

Reaction score

IMO, I don't think it would be practical to use a pair of Chelsea boots for rainy days, the elastic section wouldn't keep much water out.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

These are amazing! Any chance of ever carrying the same model but in black?

Sorry, not any plans, but we do have a Chelsea in Black on the Simpson last (but it's very low in stock).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads