• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Style989

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Carmina alligator leather? I'm looking at the 910 model which seems pretty good value at £2500. GG is £6k plus and CJ around £4k

hollandn

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Carmina alligator leather? I'm looking at the 910 model which seems pretty good value at £2500. GG is £6k plus and CJ around £4k
Yet to see my recent shoes in the the flesh!! I am UK based and my only recommendation would be make sure you have your CITES import certificate in place before the shoes are sent. I am currently in the situation where it was not communicated to me that I had to do this (I was told all paperwork was in place) and as such shoes arrived without the CITES import certificate in place and now shoes have been seized by customs and currently trying to get a retrospective import certificate which is proving to be a nightmare!!

jamie411

Reaction score

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Yet to see my recent shoes in the the flesh!! I am UK based and my only recommendation would be make sure you have your CITES import certificate in place before the shoes are sent. I am currently in the situation where it was not communicated to me that I had to do this (I was told all paperwork was in place) and as such shoes arrived without the CITES import certificate in place and now shoes have been seized by customs and currently trying to get a retrospective import certificate which is proving to be a nightmare!!
Does this apply to croc too?

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
C4 Calway..
3C3D6759-C23A-471D-88C1-2657EAAAEA9B.jpeg

hollandn

Reaction score
Does this apply to croc too?
Yes. The shoes I ordered were cordovan loafers with a crocodile strap. All 'exotic' leathers (crocodile, lizard, alligator etc) are subject to CITES import/export certificates. I would urge you to make sure Carmina do not dispatch them until your CITES Import Certificate is issued. I am a relative expert now!! So please feel free to message me and I am more than happy to explain the process and relative contacts at the CITES department within Animal Plant and Health UK.

If my retrospective import certificate is not granted then shoes are destroyed. Carmina have certainly not been proactive in providing documentation to assist in the application.

I have been living and breathing anything CITES related for the past week. Stressfest!!!

Last edited:

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Yes. The shoes I ordered were cordovan loafers with a crocodile strap. All 'exotic' leathers (crocodile, lizard, alligator etc) are subject to CITES import/export certificates. I would urge you to make sure Carmina do not dispatch them until your CITES Import Certificate is issued. I am a relative expert now!! So please feel free to message me and I am more than happy to explain the process and relative contacts at the CITES department within Animal Plant and Health UK.

If my retrospective import certificate is not granted then shoes are destroyed. Carmina have certainly not been proactive in providing documentation to assist in the application.

I have been living and breathing anything CITES related for the past week. Stressfest!!!
Man alive! Thanks for heads up mate.

suddarthw

Reaction score

hollandn

Reaction score

Montecristo905

Reaction score

Style989

Reaction score
It sounds like it. Thanks for the heads up. Seems like less of a headache to fly to Spain and wear the things back

8x8

Reaction score
Here are the four winning models.

We proceed to the second round, there will be only one winner left. Vote until March 19th

Remember that you can choose the cordovan color you want.

The name of the person placing the order will appear on the inside, in addition to the Styleforum logo stamped on the sole.

View attachment 1917109 View attachment 1917111 View attachment 1917113 View attachment 1917115
I'd vote for the Norwegian boots if the last is forest and the leather is cordovan; prefer a dressier sole to Tramuntana

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads