• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
06F6EC34-B99F-4CDA-9112-AB7714AB1484.jpeg
417C4548-F68B-4E69-9A56-5EAA2F1AD983.jpeg

Cognac Cordovan U-Wing Oxford Boots on Rain Last

Happy Sunday!

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am interested in doing a custom/MTO double monk boot, but I don't know lasts or sizing. Is going to the NYC store really the best way to get sized for lasts? Would there be a double monk to try on? I doubt they'd have all the lasts available. Is there another reliable way to do this? I wear custom orthotics, which significantly affects how many shoes and lasts fit me; plus, my feet and ankles are super skinny.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
I am interested in doing a custom/MTO double monk boot, but I don't know lasts or sizing. Is going to the NYC store really the best way to get sized for lasts? Would there be a double monk to try on? I doubt they'd have all the lasts available. Is there another reliable way to do this? I wear custom orthotics, which significantly affects how many shoes and lasts fit me; plus, my feet and ankles are super skinny.

Call the NYC stores. I tend to prefer the store on 45th in the Roosevelt (near central station). Shazid there has been super helpful. They’ll be able to give you an idea on sizing and what they do/don’t have. I believe you can contact Carmina Spain through email and they can provide sizing advice and measurements as well. But really- you don’t know for sure until it’s on your feet.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Call the NYC stores. I tend to prefer the store on 45th in the Roosevelt (near central station). Shazid there has been super helpful. They’ll be able to give you an idea on sizing and what they do/don’t have. I believe you can contact Carmina Spain through email and they can provide sizing advice and measurements as well. But really- you don’t know for sure until it’s on your feet.
That's really the issue. I need to feel the lasts on my feet. I've done a couple MTOs through Cobbler Union now, and to prepare for that I bought like 10 shoes in different sizes and lasts and returned them all. I was up front with them about my intentions when I bought them for sizing.

Jeddie

Reaction score
Carmina issue-

A carmina associate (from the spain warehouse) really just told me on the phone that all their pairs of cordovan shoes/boots have indents in the toe. That every pair in her shop has that. And thats why my mto has them too. Then when i informed her that none of my other pairs of cordovan shoes dont have it (including the other mto i received at the exact same time), she started backpeddling what she said and instead kept saying she wouldnt accept a remake. I then asked her to email me that all cordovan shoes have indents in them and she kept refusing too. Shady as heck.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Carmina issue-

A carmina associate (from the spain warehouse) really just told me on the phone that all their pairs of cordovan shoes/boots have indents in the toe. That every pair in her shop has that. And thats why my mto has them too. Then when i informed her that none of my other pairs of cordovan shoes dont have it (including the other mto i received at the exact same time), she started backpeddling what she said and instead kept saying she wouldnt accept a remake. I then asked her to email me that all cordovan shoes have indents in them and she kept refusing too. Shady as heck.

What indent is this you speak of?

Webbo

Reaction score
A loafer last question. I’m after a penny loafer from Carmina but want a more classically (Alden”ish”) rounded shape not a sleek pointed one. Can anyone offer a recommendation. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads