• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it is too large, their belts can be trimmed.

Yes, that's a nice feature of Carmina's belt design. It would be much cheaper to have it altered than to ship it back. And if anyone is ever on the fence about what belt size to order, err on the side of too loose.

ptr1988

Reaction score
No, its rather small. Its a size 32. I got the same size as my Allen Edmonds belt, which I thought was going to be okay. Wearing the carmina belt, I can fit the first hole, second hole is a little tight and third hole is not possible.

insy

Reaction score
They replied to me by now. They say the third picture is nothing to worry about but offer an exchange or refund. I guess its just the look of the shoes which suffers, not the quality itself.

Can anyone tell me whether I have to pay the shipping back to them when I don't want an exchange given the poor quality of the delivered product?

EDIT: Carmina offered me to pay for the shipping.

Last edited:

justonemore

Reaction score
They replied to me by now. They say the third picture is nothing to worry about but offer an exchange or refund. I guess its just the look of the shoes which suffers, not the quality itself.

Can anyone tell me whether I have to pay the shipping back to them when I don't want an exchange given the poor quality of the delivered product?

EDIT: Carmina offered me to pay for the shipping.

That was pretty nice of them...I know they stuck me with shipping when I had an issue with QC...not to mention double portions of VAT for having the nerve to exchange versus return them...

cypi2

Reaction score
I like their shoes but this is a rather shady practice from Carmina:

I ordered a pair of Carmina’s Bamoral Boots 80092 from their website: I chose my size, added the boots to my cart, completed the order and paid. When prompted to choose whether I wanted to pay in U.S. dollars, I accepted despite the surcharge because it would be less than what my bank would charge me for a transaction in foreign currency (Euros in this case). I received the confirmation email that my order was being processed.

A few days later, I received an email from Carmina’s Director of Exports letting me know that the boots were out of stock and that my order would not be completed. That is fine. It can happen. I asked for a refund.

A few days later, I received a refund that was $ 2.63 short of what I had paid for the boots.

Although it is not a huge amount, I do not feel that I should be charged any amount at all for Carmina’s inability to deliver the boots it let me order on its website. I contacted the director of Exports to let her know that I was not pleased with this. She answered Carmina would refund the difference.

That was almost three weeks ago: Carmina never refunded me the full amount it had charged me for the boots. And, I never heard from the Director of Exports again.

I find this practice very doubtful in principle. Some may say it is because of currency fluctuations, but, regardless of what caused this to happen, I think that when a customer asks a refund for a product that cannot be delivered, he/she should receive the full amount he/she was charged for that product and even more so when a Director of the company promises a full refund.

I did received several refunds from Herring Shoes, for example, and, I always received the full amounts I was originally charged despite the fact that exchange rates were also involved in those transactions.

How many times did Carmina do this to customers? How much money did they collect by “forgetting” to refund a dollar here or a dollar there or purportedly because of currency exchange rates fluctuations?

Although I do like their shoes, I am not sure I will do business with Carmina again!

Has this happened to some of you too?

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:

Leezard

Very nice...May I ask what type of upcharge was involved? And of course...the $100'000 question is....what is the required maintenance for lizard? Is it "fragile" compared to other materials?
This was a GMTO last year (gentlemen's footwear) before the price increases. They ran about $600. The leather is not at all fragile. I have some western boots from several years back that still look great. I use Saphir reptan cream for exotics.
https://www.hangerproject.com/saphir-reptile-beauty-milk.html

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like their shoes but this is a rather shady practice from Carmina:
I ordered a pair of Carmina’s Bamoral Boots 80092 from their website: I chose my size, added the boots to my cart, completed the order and paid. When prompted to choose whether I wanted to pay in U.S. dollars, I accepted despite the surcharge because it would be less than what my bank would charge me for a transaction in foreign currency (Euros in this case). I received the confirmation email that my order was being processed.

A few days later, I received an email from Carmina’s Director of Exports letting me know that the boots were out of stock and that my order would not be completed. That is fine. It can happen. I asked for a refund.

A few days later, I received a refund that was $ 2.63 short of what I had paid for the boots.

Although it is not a huge amount, I do not feel that I should be charged any amount at all for Carmina’s inability to deliver the boots it let me order on its website. I contacted the director of Exports to let her know that I was not pleased with this. She answered Carmina would refund the difference.

That was almost three weeks ago: Carmina never refunded me the full amount it had charged me for the boots. And, I never heard from the Director of Exports again.

I find this practice very doubtful in principle. Some may say it is because of currency fluctuations, but, regardless of what caused this to happen, I think that when a customer asks a refund for a product that cannot be delivered, he/she should receive the full amount he/she was charged for that product and even more so when a Director of the company promises a full refund.

I did received several refunds from Herring Shoes, for example, and, I always received the full amounts I was originally charged despite the fact that exchange rates were also involved in those transactions.

How many times did Carmina do this to customers? How much money did they collect by “forgetting” to refund a dollar here or a dollar there or purportedly because of currency exchange rates fluctuations?

Although I do like their shoes, I am not sure I will do business with Carmina again!

Has this happened to some of you too?

Probably due to currency fluctuations and the amount Carmina paid to convert back to dollars.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Carmina web store does business in euros. They refunded you in the same amount of euros you paid. I personally wouldn't hold them responsible for the 2$ you lost due to forex changes.

Maybe you could ask for a $2 credit towards a future order.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor form on Carmina's part, but if $2.63 is enough to make you swear off their product, you probably didn't like them all that much in the first place.

sdfzs

Reaction score

No, its rather small. Its a size 32. I got the same size as my Allen Edmonds belt, which I thought was going to be okay. Wearing the carmina belt, I can fit the first hole, second hole is a little tight and third hole is not possible.

Carmina's belts are 2" shorter then AE so the normal waist + 2" in AE will in Carmina will be waist + 4". Unclear of feature or fault but as earlier said they are easy to shorten so the second hand market given this should be pretty good

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Drake's did it to me in the past as well with a return. Was out a few bucks, but didn't pursue it (although I should have).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads