• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

botzzz

Reaction score
hows the feel of the fabric on the EG gun club? interested in the suit but worried abt scratchy pants

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@botzzz so if we're talking fabrics that are generally scratchy, this one comes in at a 4/10ish. I'd say not nearly as scratchy as a proper new wool sweater, but has a little texture to it. wearing them as pants I'd say they'd be just fine. i realize now as i'm typing this that that answer may not be the most helpful, but i'd say it's not terribly scratchy, no

Jagger_On

Reaction score
hows the feel of the fabric on the EG gun club? interested in the suit but worried abt scratchy pants
I just got the Oxford pants delivered in this fabric, so slightly different to what canoe club are stocking and they are lined in the front to below the knee. I’d think the Carlyle’s would be the same based on past experience but Canoe Club would be able to confirm.

Also got the LL vest in the same fabric @mak1277. Really love it. If you take the tags off you can wear it reversible as well.

afterneath

Reaction score
@shopcanoeclub here's those EG duck fatigues

egduckcanvas.jpeg

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
GOOOOOOD MOOORRRNINNNGGG STYLEFORRRRUUUUUM

I am SO elated to announce that we have been fortunate enough to have been working on an Engineered Garments FW23 collaboration. Both myself and the entire staff have been so excited that we were given an opportunity, and we think the community will respond strongly to this. Another teaser and more to follow this coming week, with the pieces to release here in the next 2 weeks. Keep your eyes peeled!

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GOOOOOOD MOOORRRNINNNGGG STYLEFORRRRUUUUUM

I am SO elated to announce that we have been fortunate enough to have been working on an Engineered Garments FW23 collaboration. Both myself and the entire staff have been so excited that we were given an opportunity, and we think the community will respond strongly to this. Another teaser and more to follow this coming week, with the pieces to release here in the next 2 weeks. Keep your eyes peeled!

Horrible tease!! Can’t wait to see it.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get that customer service is a priority but I'm always amazed at how quickly things move at Canoe Club. Placed an order at 215PM Eastern. Received shipping confirmation 44 minutes later!

Thanks to the team. You guys are a step above the rest!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads