• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
it appears Fall in NY isn’t that cold and it’s comparable to LA winter and Spring seasons. I need Fall, not winter, pieces from EG FW collection. what pieces would be suited for LA weather?
IMG_8570.jpeg
IMG_8571.jpeg

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it appears Fall in NY isn’t that cold and it’s comparable to LA winter and Spring seasons. I need Fall, not winter, pieces from EG FW collection. what pieces would be suited for LA weather? View attachment 2043817 View attachment 2043819
I’m going to need more information before making a recommendation. What county in LA and can you give me the average elevation you spend the majority of your time?

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
I think you've been thinking about LA winter quite a bit, but have you thought about Sautumn? Or maybe Sprummer? I'd be much more concerned with those two than boring old winter.
old winter in LA is around 68 F. sautumn is right now around 78-87 F. Sprummer would be 75-83F. i decided to skip on the heavy twill flannel and get the EG cotton classic shirt flannel. btw what material pant would work with the classic shirt cotton flannel? heavyweight ripstop? EG broken denim (how many oz btw?)?

Junglejack

Reaction score
old winter in LA is around 68 F. sautumn is right now around 78-87 F. Sprummer would be 75-83F. i decided to skip on the heavy twill flannel and get the EG cotton classic shirt flannel. btw what material pant would work with the classic shirt cotton flannel? heavyweight ripstop? EG broken denim (how many oz btw?)?
Beyond all of that, it really does get pretty cool from time to time regardless of whatever the average is. Furthermore, proximity to the coast and elevation make a huge difference in weather. LA County is huge.
Also, Winter storms are very much a thing.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
Beyond all of that, it really does get pretty cool from time to time regardless of whatever the average is. Furthermore, proximity to the coast and elevation make a huge difference in weather. LA County is huge.
Also, Winter storms are very much a thing.
nah dude. people think im trolling but im chronically online so i made mistakes before like purchasing EG FW2018 double cloth aviator which was for East coast winter. sold that in 2020. i recently made the mistake of purchasing Manresa Bittner coat canvas with quilted lining and I barely wore it from December 22 to May 23 in San Diego. i was able to sell that too so now i gotta be more careful. Im sticking to lighter weight outerwear from now on. Im more practical now and I know many fellow californians who wear coats, parkas, boots and ugg boots even when in reality they dont need them lol just recently in september i saw someone at the bar wearing red wing boots in riverside!

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
You already live in San Diego?? Dude just buy a couple pairs and try them on, this has gone on for way longer than it should have. No one can tell you what's going to work for you if you're going to be such a stickler for this stuff.
i mostly spend my time in LA county and have been for most of my life now. i was at SD for work. anyways SD was alittle cooler but i bought this fujito winter bomber jacket (which im selling) last year and wore it all over SD during December. it kept me warm but it was alittle too much IMO. i couldve simply worn a flannel or an unlined nylon bomber. anyways if yall interested let me know.
IMG_6435.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads