• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can I get fit by doing nothing else but burpees?

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBTlover520
I'm 25years old,and I also very fat.when i was young ,I'm laughted by other people.I'm feel very sad due to my fat.So i get a lot of ways to get fit,but now i'm still very fat.Luckly,i found out that have a healthy body and a good mood are very important to me.
That was an entrancing story! My only wish is that I was wearing MBT shoes while reading it with my weight-loss jeans, so I could be perpetually losing weight while reading your post...

Cognacad

Reaction score
Burpees are ridiculous cardio. You could easily lose weight if you did that combined with a low calorie diet. Would be very difficult though to do many of those and not ***** out.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
Well, I'm pretty proud of diet day 1. I missed breakfast being late to class, but when lunch came around, I pan-fried a chopped up 1lb chicken breast in a spoon of EVO, then tossed the bits up in some cajun seasoning and lemon juice. Came back from my last class and bought a Greek salad from Athenos on the way home. I had about half the Greek salad and a warm pita. I cut out all drinks today but water too.

Also, because I work at a steakhouse, everything is 50% off for me, so steak is cheaper than making it myself. I can tell them to leave off the steak seasoning, but is that necessary? I really love the spice they cover the steaks in. And is an 8oz sirloin with two sides of grilled mushrooms an okay dinner before work?

1. You missed breakfast? Bad idea. Its so worth getting up early for. Get 2 eggs over easy, some toast and turkey bacon. Throw on salsa. Mmmm... I eat it every morning and takes 3 minutes to make and gives you super energy. I dont even get hungry until 12-1ish.

2. While thats cooking, throw some lettuce in a tupperwear and toss in dried fruit, chopped chicken or ham and go. Its quick and easy if you prep the meats beforehand. 1 lb of chicken is too much. See the palm of your hand? Thats 4 oz. Shoot for that if your cutting..

3. Cajun seasoning? Look at the label. ingredient #1 is salt. Stick to herrbs and lemon.

4. Steak is good, but if your goals are to cut weight Id opt for a salad. If your gaining weight the protein is great, otherwise no.

SeanH

Reaction score
Wait, ham and eggs are okay, but steak isn't unless you're trying to gain weight? And protein is bad on a cut? Okay...

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SeanH
Wait, ham and eggs are okay, but steak isn't unless you're trying to gain weight? And protein is bad on a cut? Okay...

Lol, what I thought as well.

Protein = even better, bro.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree with people doing whatever it is that they hate. If you try to do what you don't want to do then you'll never get results or they'll be half - assed results.

Diet comes first, then...

One doesn't need to go to the gym. Ride a bike, go swimming, take a crossfit class, do yoga, mountain climb / hiking, walking, running, find a group of people doing what you want to do on meetup.com, play the drums, etc... Do something you like and you'll stick with it. Make it fun.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tck13
I disagree with people doing whatever it is that they hate. If you try to do what you don't want to do then you'll never get results or they'll be half - assed results.

Diet comes first, then...

One doesn't need to go to the gym. Ride a bike, go swimming, take a crossfit class, do yoga, mountain climb / hiking, walking, running, find a group of people doing what you want to do on meetup.com, play the drums, etc... Do something you like and you'll stick with it. Make it fun.

ya, I have said this before about exercise. I ******* hate lifting. From time to time I attempt to get back into it - and I get some gains, no denying - better gains than anything else I have ever done in a time invested to results seen capacity - but I can never keep it up. Martial arts have always been my thing - boxing lately as anyone who reads any post I've pretty much ever written on this board will know - and the reason is cos I legitimately love doing it, and that keeps me going back.

CrazyJ

Reaction score
Well, ironically, running is what I like. I guess the problem is sort of mental. I can't run as fast or as long as I used to back in high school when I was a cross-country athlete, and now when I run it's like my mind is back then, but my body is far different and incapable now, to the point that it's discouraging. I'm going to try and get over it though and just push those feelings behind me, and start new.

As for diet, the diet didn't go too good today. Started off okay- had raisin toast for breakfast, no butter. Snacked on grapes and a banana throughout the afternoon. Came to work and bought a meal- 8oz sirloin rare with 2 bowls of grilled mushrooms. I told everyone there about my diet thing. 2/3 through my meal, the grill guy comes up and tells me "you realize we smother everything here with like a pound of butter, right? even the shrooms." Great... so much for that. Had a couple of bud selects at the bar before going home. Figured having select was the least I could do to make up for my dinner.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
So basically you had carbs for breakfast, sugar for snack, and then a tiny amount of protein for the rest of your day, then followed that up with alcohol?

Dude, that's not good enough. You know that, as you said. Either be serious with yourself and know that what you're doing now isn't going to make a difference, or decide to actually change something. But at least be honest with yourself.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CrazyJew
Wait what? Raisin toast is not bad... and steak is not a small amount of protein. either. And I thought fruit was healthy?

I tam taking this seriously. If I wasn't, I woud've had budweiser last night instead!

Okay Connemara.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads