• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JackFlash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you didn't pack carefully enough per his instructions and were the cause of the damage yourself?

Being sarcastic, if it wasn't clear.

bert9000

Reaction score
sold2.png

Recommend blocking this asshole. Loses a PayPal case and opens one with his bank (which was also closed against him today).

c21ban

Reaction score
New to this particular forum but not to eBay. Been selling for nearly 17 years off and on and nothing buyers come up with as an excuse to get you to refund a portion of purchase, making false claims, etc., surprises me. This is what retailers have had to deal with forever and this will never change.

Tonight I guy requests info on a pair of Tom Ford pants as well as some socks that I have listed that are NWT, less than 65% of retail and asks “for a deal’! No offer given from him and just the assumption that he was entitled. I replied back that they ARE a deal already.

His reply back was “yes, but not good enough for the internet”. When I get this type of reply from a potential buyer, I just go ahead and block them as I know even if they purchase, there will ultimately be some issue. While I may lose a buyer, this time around, there are many other great buyers that see this as an opportunity.

masaccio

Reaction score
How would you guys cancel the sale without getting a defect?
I would say you can’t guarantee it’s from a smoke free/per free home and cancel based on that. But other sellers have much more experience than me in avoiding getting dinged.

masaccio

Reaction score
Since when did Linda stop negotiating?!?!?

Item is $24.01 BINOBO

I offered $12.01—just over 50% of asking, which in the past seemed to be the automatic decline point.

Declined. No counteroffer.

OK, I’m being cheap.

$14.

$15.

Declined again. No counter.

WTF?!? Linda used to be a reliable negotiator. Back and forth three times and meet in the middle.

Don’t tell me she’s getting...savvy???!!!

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since when did Linda stop negotiating?!?!?

Item is $24.01 BINOBO

I offered $12.01—just over 50% of asking, which in the past seemed to be the automatic decline point.

OK, I’m being cheap.

$14.

$15.

Declined again. No counter.

WTF?!? Linda used to be a reliable negotiator. Back and forth three times and meet in the middle.

Don’t tell me she’s getting...savvy???!!!
Could just be based on the price of the item. She accepted my offer on a suit the other day that was 60% of BIN.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's one for your block lists:

Screen Shot 2018-01-19 at 5.19.44 PM.png

I've mentioned this guy before, but the story just got a little deeper. I sold him a Belstaff jacket, he claimed it wasn't as described. It was a size 56 and I added XL in parentheses in the title. He said, "this doesn't fit like an XL, more like an XXL." This, of course, was his opinion, but whatever. I acknowledge that I shouldn't have listed it with the XL in the title. My bad, and I learned my lesson. When he opened the case on eBay, they ruled in my favor. He then opened a case on PayPal, citing the same reason, so I called and explained what happened and provided all the eBay stuff from their ruling. The representative from PayPal with whom I spoke said it shouldn't be a problem to get this ruled in my favor. They took a few days to decide and ended up ruling in his favor. When I called to ask why, they said he called and threatened a credit card chargeback, so they wanted to avoid that.

This was the only return I've ever had on eBay and the only time a buyer has claimed 'SNAD.' Today, when getting paid for a separate transaction, PayPal held my funds stating "too many disputes against my account" as the reason. I called PayPal to figure out what was going on and they said that I had a number of disputes against my eBay account in a short amount of time. When this happens, their system automatically flags the account. I explained that there was only one dispute and she suggested we get eBay on the phone to figure things out. It turns out the buyer first opened a "item not received case" on eBay. When tracking showed that the item was delivered, eBay promptly closed the case in my favor. Then, he proceeded to open a 'SNAD' case. So, this guy tried to scam the jacket away from me (keep jacket and get his money back), then opened the 'SNAD' case (which he lost), then threatened a chargeback to get his way.

Again, I shouldn't have listed it the way I did, but this dude is a scumbag. Save yourself any future trouble.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a buyer message me in eBay 28 days after receiving a zegna suit asking if he could return because “it wasn’t fitting” I told him I do not accept returns due to fit. He never said it didn’t fit because it was described. Within seconds he opens a case on PayPal saying it wasn’t as described and that he contacted me through eBay and he never heard back from me. Is there anything I need to tell PayPal? I’ve been trying to upload his messages afte escalating but their customer service department is closed so I will have to calll tomorrow. He tried to open a case for two separate reasons will that help my case?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads