• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LookingGood

Reaction score
I got the message below from a Hong Kong-based buyer, who wants to buy a sport coat and PS from me. He also apparently bought a blazer from someone in NJ who doesn't ship to Hong Kong, so he wants to know if he can have that one shipped to me so that I can send it to him. This sounds like inviting a ton of potential headaches. Have any of you ever done anything like this? He has little feedback, but all of it good, including a couple from @SpooPoker .
What would YOU do?

I would do it if the guy has been pleasant to deal with so far.

JFST

Reaction score
Is there a list of countries one should exclude?
Search the thread, long time ago the subject was treated.
Mine is this: Excluded locations:APO/FPO, Africa, Central America and Caribbean, Southeast Asia, South America, Mongolia, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, India, Azerbaijan Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, China, Kyrgyzstan, Nepal, Maldives, Kazakhstan, Georgia, Korea, South, Sri Lanka, Armenia, Bhutan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Oman, Turkey, Jordan, Yemen, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Romania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Poland, Cyprus, Ukraine, Croatia, Republic of, Serbia, Guernsey, Greece, Moldova, Bulgaria, Hungary, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Portugal, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Jersey, Belarus, Albania, Macedonia, Mexico, Marshall Islands, Papua New Guinea, American Samoa, Tonga, Cook Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Kiribati, Solomon Islands, Niue, Palau, Vanuatu, Fiji, French Polynesia, Nauru, New Caledonia, Tuvalu, Micronesia, Western Samoa, Guam

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why do you exclude overseas military personnel?

SteelGuy

Reaction score
Why do you exclude overseas military personnel?
Some people exclude because the delivery proof can get messed up pretty easily, if IRC. The base is like a black box as far as the post office is concerned, so I've heard of problems with guaranteeing that the item makes it to the intended person, and it's nearly impossible to prove.

Myself, I ship to APO addresses, but am just cautious

Last edited:

JFST

Reaction score
Some people exclude because the delivery proof can get messed up pretty easily, if IRC. The base is like a black box as far as the post office is concerned, so I've heard of problems with guaranteeing that the item makes it to the intended person, and it's nearly impossible to prove.

Myself, I ship to APO addresses, but am just cautious
This

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've just spent the last 2 hours editing photos and listing items. Christ, how you full timers manage not to get bored is beyond me.

Kudos.

Beach Bum

Reaction score
Hey guys. Could use your advice. I bought this new canali blazer in a size (56l) and model (13290) that I know absolutely fits me perfect off the rack. Even at discount I rarely see them at say Nordstrom Rack below $599. I was able to get this for way cheaper and sure enough it fits perfectly.

Anyhow I have a few questions. I may post in one other thread since new to these threads and not sure it's the right place. First, based on the MSRP tag ($1,899) I think it is a suit jacket without the pants, and not a blazer which normally runs at MSRP a few $100 below that. To me it will work fine as a blazer, which is what I bought it for. It's wool but has a bit of a texture. Would this be an issue for any of you or would you keep it as a blazer even if it is a suit jacket? The color is more of a blue than a navy. I have a navy blazer that is nowhere near Canali level so would certainly wear this ahead of that.

Second, the sleeve/cuff buttons aren't sewed on. It does have the buttons in a little bag in a pocket, they appear small and black. Would you guys use these or would you replace with a different color? Also, would a normal tailor know exactly what to do here? Meaning is sewing on the sleeve buttons fairly typical for a tailor to do? I'll be taking it to my tailor next week.

Thanks all, here are a few pics.

nP4MMWl.jpg

SiO6ZaA.jpg

DMDKdju.jpg

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hey guys. Could use your advice. I bought this new canali blazer in a size (56l) and model (13290) that I know absolutely fits me perfect off the rack. Even at discount I rarely see them at say Nordstrom Rack below $599. I was able to get this for way cheaper and sure enough it fits perfectly.

Pretty sure thats a jacket.

But if youre a 56 L and youre in the market for stuff, you can make out like a bandit if you click the suit link in my signature :spam:

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you show the inside tag we could tell you if it's a blazer or orphan. (Not that it matters if it works for you) the sleeves aren't attached so you can adjust the length to your needs. This is standard and while any tailor can sew some buttons I've learned you need a good one to adjust sleeve length and make faux buttonholes.

I'd probably consider white or black mother of pearl buttons cuz why not lol

leisurewear

Reaction score

If you show the inside tag we could tell you if it's a blazer or orphan. (Not that it matters if it works for you) the sleeves aren't attached so you can adjust the length to your needs. This is standard and while any tailor can sew some buttons I've learned you need a good one to adjust sleeve length and make faux buttonholes.

I'd probably consider white or black mother of pearl buttons cuz why not lol

Spruce, don't think the inside label is foolproof. Some standalone jackets have pants sizes printed as well. Here's an example

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132111641899

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got this message:

From this listing:

Do these measurements seem in any way small for a Zegna Trofeo 52C/42S?

Last edited:

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks about right to me. Also, if it's pre-owned the previous owner would've adjusted the sleeves to his liking. 23.5 sleeve length is completely normal for a short jacket, though. Is the buyer saying it's 1.5 inches off from the given measurement or 1.5 inches off from what he would like his ideal sleeves to be? If the latter, then lol.

Trofeo is just the name of the line of fabrics. The jacket model ('Roma', 'Mila' etc.) should be on the inner tag. Some models have more built up shoulders than others but I don't know enough to tell you which ones.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks about right to me. Also, if it's pre-owned the previous owner would've adjusted the sleeves to his liking. 23.5 sleeve length is completely normal for a short jacket, though. Is the buyer saying it's 1.5 inches off from the given measurement or 1.5 inches off from what he would like his ideal sleeves to be? If the latter, then lol.

Trofeo is just the name of the line of fabrics. The jacket model ('Roma', 'Mila' etc.) should be on the inner tag. Some models have more built up shoulders than others but I don't know enough to tell you which ones.

Thanks. Tag says "Fit Rom."

Would that be a Roma fit? My understanding is that this is Zegna's standard cut.

They buyer didn't compare the sleeve length to anything. I feel like he's comparing it to a regular length coat, which of course would be roughly 1.5" longer.

I responded to him that the measurements were given, and that 23.5" is exactly what I would expect from a 42S. This coat happens to measure nearly perfectly for me, and I normally wear a 40 or 41. I get that the measurements are snug if he's used to an American fit coat...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads