• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the trial for Adobe Lightroom, I can't see me ever needing new features since I basically want to use it to crop photos, adjust lighting based off a gray card and apply it to all in a series, and add a watermark. I can do that with the features available now, so I don't think it makes sense to go the subscription route of $9.99 a month when I can buy version 6 for $149 and own it.

Thoughts?

I'm still using version 5 that came free with something else I bought and it works fine.

I have the whole creative suite but have never upgraded to the subscription because I am a very occasional user of photoshop and in design and would never find it useful to get on a recurring charge. They totally made the CSS off limits to casual users IMHO.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still using version 5 that came free with something else I bought and it works fine.

I have the whole creative suite but have never upgraded to the subscription because I am a very occasional user of photoshop and in design and would never find it useful to get on a recurring charge. They totally made the CSS off limits to casual users IMHO.

Thanks for the reminder to cancel Illustrator, which I only use occasionally, and had added to create some flyers and a logo.

What pisses me off is that when I go to cancel, they offered me the full Creative Suite for $360/year, which is less per month than what I was paying for just Photoshop and Illustrator for the past two months. I use Photoshop enough that it's worth keeping that $10/month subscription going.

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got ten of these for $25 on eBay ... very handy for packages, laundry, storage, etc

s-l1600.jpg

Aren't those only $1/ea in the store?

classicthrifter

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does this jacket look Legit? The only content tag I could find said 100% silk. Now the inner liner feels like silk to me but the outer shell feels more like nylon. Can silk take on a nylon type of feel? This is what is making me question it. Could there be another content tag somewhere? Thanks in advance!

The mishmash of all tags:

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Does this jacket look Legit? The only content tag I could find said 100% silk. Now the inner liner feels like silk to me but the outer shell feels more like nylon. Can silk take on a nylon type of feel? This is what is making me question it. Could there be another content tag somewhere? Thanks in advance!

The mishmash of all tags:

Is the liner removable? It would make sense for it to have it's own tag especially on a raincoat

Last edited:

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote: None of these styles came with straps org. Global-Trotter was very nice in getting back to me asap (under 24 hrs) with the info below on each item. +1 for their customer service.

Serial Number

Production Date

Model

04/05/2012

Original Orange/Tan 33” Extra Deep Suitcase

04/05/2012

Original Orange/Tan 26” Suitcase

04/05/2012

Original Orange/Tan 21” Trolley Case

10/05/2012

Centenary Orange/Tan 16” Slim Attache Case

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder to cancel Illustrator, which I only use occasionally, and had added to create some flyers and a logo.

What pisses me off is that when I go to cancel, they offered me the full Creative Suite for $360/year, which is less per month than what I was paying for just Photoshop and Illustrator for the past two months. I use Photoshop enough that it's worth keeping that $10/month subscription going.

Since I am super cheap and not really looking to make a career out of photography, I wonder if this new entry for Mac's is any good? For $49 for Affinity Photo looks like a good substitute for Lightroom and another $49 will get you Affinity Designer which looks like it will replace Illustrator. Any of you photography enthusiasts tried it? https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like there's a scam afoot when you get messages like these? Message order is bottom to top.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bet he's just messaging the wrong person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics