• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

datsunfan

Reaction score
Has anybody had any success in finding a package filling a USPS "missing mail" claim? I shipped a tie to a buyer that says delivered, but he says he never got it. He thinks his mail carrier delivered it to the wrong box at his apartment. He's checked his apartment office, their mail room, and left a note with the mail carrier. Anybody got any suggestions I can pass on to the buyer that might help him get the package? I've already filed the missing mail claim, but have not heard anything back from USPS.

From what I've read, I would most likely win if he opens a case against me. I'd like for the buyer get the tie or give him a refund(without it coming out of my pocket). Unfortunately, I didn't get insurance since I've never had any issues with USPS in the past 6 years I've been selling. Lesson learned. Everything I ship in the future will be insured.

Thanks.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@datsunfan you've saved a ton of money by not insuring everything thus far, so you could continue to self-insure and pay a refund yourself (with the money you've saved) it happens again. With obvious exceptions - items you wouldn't want to shell out for if they go missing (figure your personal threshold and insure stuff over that amount), fragile items, etc. I believe USPS provides automatic $50 coverage for all priority shipments.

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^This. After a few thousand eBay transactions, I don't think I can remember ever having to come out of pocket for a lost item. I think the last time I had a borrower claim they didn't receive something that was showing as delivered, eBay reimbursed the buyer.

Last edited:

Pierson v Post

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had someone claim they never received a package that showed it was delivered by USPS. A few days later they "found" it sitting on their front porch (apparently they only enter the house through the garage, and never thought to check by the front door).
If it shows "delivered" you have no worries.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Do you know where I should look for a decent, cheap shoe rack?"

"I dunno, why don't you start with... Menards!!"

"...What an asshole."
HAHAHAHA i don't care if this references the wrong post this is gold jerry

tonylamer

Reaction score
Another reason never to use UPS when shipping internationally: I bought a pair of vintage shoes for $70 from a novice US buyer, and he decided that UPS shipping to Canada would be fast and effective. The UPS guy attempted delivery twice (both times at around 1 p.m., when I wouldn't be at work or anything, right?). He left a note on my door saying that I owed $50 in brokerage fees (on top of $40 in shipping). No indication of where I could get the shoes.

Then I get a note from the seller saying that the shoes were returned to the States. UPS is now demanding that he pay the $50 plus return shipping in order to pick up the shoes.

I can't fault the seller. But I can and do fault UPS. Never again. That's even worse than GSP.

stanchri

Reaction score
Another reason never to use UPS when shipping internationally: I bought a pair of vintage shoes for $70 from a novice US buyer, and he decided that UPS shipping to Canada would be fast and effective. The UPS guy attempted delivery twice (both times at around 1 p.m., when I wouldn't be at work or anything, right?). He left a note on my door saying that I owed $50 in brokerage fees (on top of $40 in shipping). No indication of where I could get the shoes.

Then I get a note from the seller saying that the shoes were returned to the States. UPS is now demanding that he pay the $50 plus return shipping in order to pick up the shoes.

I can't fault the seller. But I can and do fault UPS. Never again. That's even worse than GSP.

gotta love UPS. I don't recall any good experience with them for any international packages I've received so far (also a Canadian)

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's one for the block list. Bought a linen blend blazer from me, complained that it wrinkled too much (it's linen) and that it had pilling (barely, and because it's a linen silk blend!)

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Don't forget Q2 est taxes are due today. Just sent mine in. Grrr.

Thinking of getting one of these with the rest of my leftover $$

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WTF, I am trying to buy something for my wife. I made an offer and it was auto rejected. I then made a little higher one and received this message:

I have never purchased from this seller, so not sure what this is about.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF, I am trying to buy something for my wife. I made an offer and it was auto rejected. I then made a little higher one and received this message:

I have never purchased from this seller, so not sure what this is about.

The seller is probably holding it for a specific buyer.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had someone claim they never received a package that showed it was delivered by USPS. A few days later they "found" it sitting on their front porch (apparently they only enter the house through the garage, and never thought to check by the front door).
If it shows "delivered" you have no worries.

baldy[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads