• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Denton

Reaction score

My response would be:
Wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin' & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer 2 christ. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper scrap. A roomble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. yer a waste bruv. me crew be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp with me fists wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o' newcastle ya daft kunt. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a' kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yea stupid lil twat, innit? ima ****e fury & ull drown in it m8. ur ina proper mess knob.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found this incredible Zanella Sport Coat. It is New and not like any other I have seen. I thought this would do really well on ebay.

This thing is baller and is Cotton, Linen, and Rayon. It has a super soft and smooth feel and has a third pocket (hacking pocket? or Ticket Pocket?) and peak lapels.

I was just getting ready to list it and it looks like they are selling for about $50.

I really want more than that for it. Am I just dreaming that this should bring more than $50?

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found this incredible Zanella Sport Coat. It is New and not like any other I have seen. I thought this would do really well on ebay.

This thing is baller and is Cotton, Linen, and Rayon. It has a super soft and smooth feel and has a third pocket (hacking pocket? or Ticket Pocket?) and peak lapels.

I was just getting ready to list it and it looks like they are selling for about $50.

I really want more than that for it. Am I just dreaming that this should bring more than $50?

That thing is pretty awesome, so I could see you getting more. There is nothing like it by Zanella on eBay either listed or sold, so shoot for the moon. Put it up for $250 OBO and see what happens.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, that pattern will probably make it move.

Someone had an etro jacket like that which had an even more awesome pattern and it moved for way more than they expected it to because people were buying it for the pattern first, brand second. Etro is definitely better than Zanella for SC's but that pattern is money.

Good pictures on a manny will help a lot as well.

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any advice on liquidating gift cards safely and for minimal fees? Have a digital $100 Apple Store code I want to turn into cash. (eBay doesn't allow digital gift cards.)

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any advice on liquidating gift cards safely and for minimal fees? Have a digital $100 Apple Store code I want to turn into cash. (eBay doesn't allow digital gift cards.)

Probably best to do within the forum here if someone's interested?

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is that a piss stain?

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That thing is pretty awesome, so I could see you getting more. There is nothing like it by Zanella on eBay either listed or sold, so shoot for the moon. Put it up for $250 OBO and see what happens.

I like your thinking. That's exactly what I did! Now, its wait and see!

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some more measuring guides. I grabbed these off the HSM website when @jefferyd was head of design and wrote the blog. Very useful.

I don't personally do the half-back measurement and have never been asked for it.

I don't do the waist measurement from the back seam. I just lay it flat.

I don't do the sleeve inseam, but I have been asked for it. My alterations tailor always looks at that and knows off the top of his head the standard for every size jacket. "40S should be 15.5"

Again, questions come up about rise. I provide the outseam minus inseam for total rise, but occasionally am asked for front and back rise.

I dont do the seat or the knee.

never been asked either.

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scoundrel (I think) alert.

Sold a pair of shoes to a guy in Texas. I specify a three-day turnaround, but usually get things out quicker. This week, I didn't, and yesterday, the day before I had to get the shoes in the mail, I get a message from the guy: "Just confirming you got my email requesting change of address before you shipped."

Okay...

First off, the guy doesn't have my email address. Secondly, this was the first I'd heard from him, and a flag goes up, given that he waited until the last minute before getting in touch. He tells me he made a mistake while entering information into his eBay account and his shipping address is off by one digit. I recently had a different buyer ask me to ship to an address that wasn't a PayPal confirmed address and eBay said I was fine so long as the request to ship elsewhere was documented via messages, so I agreed to do it in this case as well, even though it cost me a few bucks more because I couldn't take advantage of the eBay shipping discount. So I ship the shoes this afternoon and get a message from this guy a couple hours later: "I sent the correct address to you 3 times and you still sent it to the incorrect address. May I ask why?"

How he determined what address I'd sent to, I don't know--I didn't know that was possible via USPS tracking. I'm pretty confident I'm covered, since I took a photograph of the package with the shipping address on it before I sent it off. I always do that if I have the slightest suspicion. Just sent him a message informing him, nicely, that the package went to the requested address and I took a picture.

One thing I did learn recently was that it is OK as per eBay to send to a non-verified address so long as there's documentation via correspondence.

Last edited:

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pnut - pretty sure he does have yr email address, or can just get it via the info request, since he bought from you. Otherwise, the address change sounds shifty and yeah you ship if ebay and paypal say it's OK to ship then you're covered. If either said "no seller coverage" then I don't ship.

If he's a My USPS member (I am), he'd get an email alert when something is coming to his address - that's all outside ebay / paypal and USPS just does it when it knows you, your address, and your email.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads