• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got the eBay email with protected your account by...

This is a bit troubling though:
Does that mean I will have two cases opened against me in future? Haven't heard any issues with buyers
It means that someone (two people actually) tried to open an "Item Not Received" case on you before the estimated delivery date window had passed.

I believe another occasion this could happen, is when a buyer does not make payment within 3 days of winning an action. In this event the seller is not held to as strict of a handling time, which may throw off the delivery time as well. Check me on that one, I'm sure I read something like that at some point....but it may not be entirely accurate.

I had 11 of them in 2 months, which is surprising, because nearly all of my domestic packages are delivered in 2-3 days.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

MJMcRibb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got the eBay email with protected your account by...

This is a bit troubling though:
Does that mean I will have two cases opened against me in future? Haven't heard any issues with buyers
I had 5 of these. Could possibly be to USPS holiday delays and people not getting items as quickly as usual.

SCoNE

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a guy who has messaged me wanting to bid on a jacket of mine and saying he isn't able to. I check our blocked buyers list and he's on there: ldavid516. Nothing in his Feedback really leads me to believe there would be any issue. I searched this thread for his user name to no avail. On the google doc, there is nothing entered for a reason. I'm thinking of removing his name and giving him a shot. Thoughts?

His Feedback:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ldavid516&ftab=AllFeedback

The item:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171623876623?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea who makes these braces? Buckles say made in England. No other tags except 100% silk.
Those are the ones they sell at Men's Warehouse (and other places, I'm sure). I found a few NWT ones that had Lewis Roth tags on them.

Hey guys, I've got a guy who has messaged me wanting to bid on a jacket of mine and saying he isn't able to. I check our blocked buyers list and he's on there: ldavid516. Nothing in his Feedback really leads me to believe there would be any issue. I searched this thread for his user name to no avail. On the google doc, there is nothing entered for a reason. I'm thinking of removing his name and giving him a shot. Thoughts?

His Feedback:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=ldavid516&ftab=AllFeedback

The item:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171623876623?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
He's on the list, but there's no explanation as to how he got there, just the name. Suppose we should require a reason.

Is anyone here Bristol Apparel username: bristolapparel on eBay?

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea who makes these braces? Buckles say made in England. No other tags except 100% silk.

I think we concluded those are JAB house brand, no idea of the maker.

edit. Beat by Tx and he is probably more accurate as well

Last edited:

costanaconda

Reaction score
Thanks, Guys. Swing and a miss lol. Hopefully I can get something for them. Rest of the items were better pickups today.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This has probably been mentioned before, but on an international shipment, the buyer contacted me to ask where his package was. First time for that for me. I saw the box was being held at the local post office awaiting payment of duties. Supposedly, the guy was being notified. He claimed he hadn't received notification and didn't know where the post office was that he needed to go to.

I checked the USPS and after 3 tries, the lady told me she had zero "in-country" visibility and sent me to www.postoffice.com. I was able to put in the postal code and get the post office address, hours of availability, and phone number to pass on to the buyer.

He's letting me know if its real.

jb

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you still print labels in bulk with this? I usually print 40 to 50 at a time with the SCAN form. Can this thing print the SCAN form, or is that broken out and printed on the regular printer?

I've never been able to get mine to work with my mac. I was going to try it using boot camp or parallels, but havne't tried it yet.

borbor

Reaction score
got this just now:

Hi, The coat came in good shape, and it s beautiful. Thank you for sending it. The problem is that it is navy blue--in fact, it looks like the top of a suit, and not a stand-along sport coat--and I had thought that I was buying something of a very different color. I think it is a problem with the photographs that accompany the listing--a flash effect, maybe. The blue in the pictures is much, much different from the blue of the actual coat. Anyway, will you let me know?

personally, i don't' think so, but I think i'm **** out of luck with this one.

listing says i won't accept return, and when i logged onto ebay, it says i'm on the hook to pay return shipment

coat in question:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got this just now:

Hi, The coat came in good shape, and it s beautiful. Thank you for sending it. The problem is that it is navy blue--in fact, it looks like the top of a suit, and not a stand-along sport coat--and I had thought that I was buying something of a very different color. I think it is a problem with the photographs that accompany the listing--a flash effect, maybe. The blue in the pictures is much, much different from the blue of the actual coat. Anyway, will you let me know?

personally, i don't' think so, but I think i'm **** out of luck with this one.

listing says i won't accept return, and when i logged onto ebay, it says i'm on the hook to pay return shipment

coat in question:

Ask him if he looked at the coat in daylight. Florescent tubes can easily make a medium blue look navy blue.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads