• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Laura was so kind to help me out, so this post is no longer needed!
Laura........
lurker[1].gif

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
God damnit, I'm having some serious problems with an Ebay seller. FWIW, it's one of those Italian Ebay shops that are selling hundreds of Belvest items...

But here it goes:

On Sep 22 I bought a plain single-breasted, one button Belvest tuxedo in 50.
3 weeks later I receive a striped on, in short. Wrong tux...If I return it, he'll send out the correct one. So I spend 50$ on shipping, and send it back.

After lots of mailing, he then sends out the "correct" tuxedo two weeks later. I receive it today, and guess what? It's a freaking Double-breasted tuxedo. On top of that, I had to pay another 100$ in customs.

It's now way past any paypal or ebay dispute window, and I can't imagine him answering my messages.

I don't know how guys like this stay in business, they obviously have no control over the stuff they're sending out.

edit: This is exactly the reason a 180 day INAD policy is good. Sometimes you just end up with a bad seller.

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

God damnit, I'm having some serious problems with an Ebay seller. FWIW, it's one of those Italian Ebay shops that are selling hundreds of Belvest items...

But here it goes: 

3 weeks later I receive a striped on, in short. Wrong tux...If I return it, he'll send out the correct one. So I spend 50$ on shipping, and send it back.

After lots of mailing, he then sends out the "correct" tuxedo two weeks later. I receive it today, and guess what? It's a freaking Double-breasted tuxedo. On top of that, I had to pay another 100$ in customs. 

It's now way past any paypal or ebay dispute window, and I can't imagine him answering my messages.

I don't know how guys like this stay in business, they obviously have no control over the stuff they're sending out.  

edit: This is exactly the reason a 180 day INAD policy is good. Sometimes you just end up with a bad seller. 

That sucks bud. Does the DB at least fit?

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

But here it goes: 

Sorry to hear that. I've had problems with them almost every single time. The first time was something for my wife...never arrived. Called them, said it would be sent. Nothing happened. Opened a case, they never responded.

Second and third time was stuff for myself. It was a large order, all thrown into a large box. Not folded or packed, quite literally thrown into a large box. It was all supposed to be the same size (my size, obviously), but I ended up with every possible size. Some things were damp and smelled of mildew and one jacket even had mildew on it. Called the guy only to get the runaround. Eventually, they allowed me to send it all back and was refunded the original cost. The return shipping was on me.

Last edited:

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It fits alright. The one I hoped to get was 50 Drop 8, this is Drop 6. I'll probably have to flip it here for a loss, and pick up a suitsupply tux. Thought I'd be in good time for the season this year, but obviously things can go wrong.

Where the hell do those guys pick up these pieces to begin with? He's selling brand new Belvest suits for 160-200 Euro. Some look really good, some look terrible. He's also flipping some Canali, Corneliani and Armani stuff from time to time.

Big bulks of old stock from the factory?

Great prices, but a total crapshoot. Maybe you'll get what you ordered, maybe not...

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Called the guy only to get the runaround. Eventually, they allowed me to send it all back and was refunded the original cost. The return shipping was on me.

This is exactly why people are so damned shocked when I go out of my way to make things right when a transaction goes awry. People like this seller are what gives Ebay a bad rap...

ScottW

Reaction score
Just had someone request to pay via money order. Anyone here take those, ever have any issues?

There have been cases of fake money orders and (more commonly) bank-issued cashier's checks. I would only accept a USPS money order, and then only ship the item/s after you have taken the MO to the post office to cash it and have dollar bills in hand.

Anybody doing anything different with your 10-day listings this week? The usual Thursday-through-second-Sunday would have them ending the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I seem to remember doing okay on sales that week last year, but have no real data. That Sunday is usually a heavy travel day so it would seem there'd be more people than usual away from their computers and not able to bid. Would it be better to have some 10-day listings starting on Friday and ending on Cyber Monday? Or will people be shopping so many other websites that day that they won't be on ebay as much? Are you guys approaching this week any differently?

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There have been cases of fake money orders and (more commonly) bank-issued cashier's checks. I would only accept a USPS money order, and then only ship the item/s after you have taken the MO to the post office to cash it and have dollar bills in hand.

Anybody doing anything different with your 10-day listings this week? The usual Thursday-through-second-Sunday would have them ending the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I seem to remember doing okay on sales that week last year, but have no real data. That Sunday is usually a heavy travel day so it would seem there'd be more people than usual away from their computers and not able to bid. Would it be better to have some 10-day listings starting on Friday and ending on Cyber Monday? Or will people be shopping so many other websites that day that they won't be on ebay as much? Are you guys approaching this week any differently?
I feel like consistency in listing trumps the possibility of lower views. Plus, most people use sniper programs these days so it doesn't matter if they're traveling. Also, lots of car/plane time = lots of ebay time.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel like consistency in listing trumps the possibility of lower views. Plus, most people use sniper programs these days so it doesn't matter if they're traveling. Also, lots of car/plane time = lots of ebay time.

I'm on board with this - I think my last analytics report said half of my sales came from the ebay mobile app.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm making progress!

It's incredibly fitting that #1500 was for a Hawaiian shirt!

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I heard back from the seller. It's pretty obvious that he has no idea what I am talking about, so I'd advise anyone against dealing with shoponlinesrl2010 , at least when buying tuxedos.

The tux I bought

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371145144925?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The tux I got, and returned

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-New-BEL...132866?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item2599345202

The tux I got now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BELVEST-SMO...mpleti_e_abiti_sartoriali&hash=item566cc4a323

He says the first and second tuxedos are the same. Go figure.

On a positive note, the DB fits pretty damn well. The gorge and button-stance is a bit lower than I'd like. Not dated looking though, just not as I like it.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Normally I'd say give him benefit of the doubt, but since he's making eBay sellers look bad, give him negative feedback. It's the only way you can really help potential future customers.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think my absolute least favorite question from buyers is, "How much is shipping?"

Look at the listing people, and don't complain to me about how much USPS charges...
teacha.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads