• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lirum

Reaction score
EDIT: sorry, my price range would probably be no more than 200-300 so I can get it tailored and ready to go for around 400 (student still :/ )

If you have some patience, that is an excellent budget to get some nice stuff from the bay. Can't help with advice though, sorreh.

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on what brands to look for on ebay for interview suits? Want a navy two button, don't really have a preference about striped vs plain but not sure if striped is appropriate for interviews. Thanks!

EDIT: sorry, my price range would probably be no more than 200-300 so I can get it tailored and ready to go for around 400 (student still :/ )
Canali, Recent-ish Zegna, Paul Stuart, Corneliani, Isaia (might be more, but worth a shot)

subtle stripes are fine, but plain blue or gray is better

What size are you approximately?

Last edited:

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over/under for how many months until Florian loses his eBay account.
crackup[1].gif

I'll join the outcast group started by @eazye then
facepalm.gif

docgerrard

Reaction score

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd recommend staying away from stripes and sticking solely to solids. Light herringbone, birdseye, etc are fine.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Posted this on the thrift/discount store brag thread, but probably got buried.

Anyone know what line this is? I though it was Red Fleece, but doesn't say Red Fleece. Made in USA, and original price are on par with Country Club and Golden Fleece, but it's not either of those.

TIA.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those red label BB shirts priced at $225 are placed in all of my local TJMaxx stores. I think that it is an erroneous price point produced specifically for the discount retail market.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those red label BB shirts priced at $225 are placed in all of my local TJMaxx stores. I think that it is an erroneous price point produced specifically for the discount retail market.

I saw two at my TJX, so I grabbed them...I think they might just be regular ol' BB, that happen to have a blue sheep, though I do not recall seeing that specific label before.
May have been produced for their outlets or something...(though I've never seen made in USA shirts at their outlet - only been once or twice - was always Malaysian-made shirts).
Thanks.

Last edited:

concealed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello gentleman. Any tips for selling casual menswear on ebay in your experience? (polos, button downs, sweaters etc) What is better for this, auction or buy-it-now and what duration? This is my store http://www.ebay.com/usr/hghgutpump

depends on the specific item/brand, something that will engender a bidding war is probably better at auction. for the items you currently have in your store, 30 day binobo is the way to go.

your pictures look ok, can't hurt to add a few more though, especially closeups of labels etc. including measurements is helpful as well.

TradThrifter

Reaction score
depends on the specific item/brand, something that will engender a bidding war is probably better at auction. for the items you currently have in your store, 30 day binobo is the way to go.

your pictures look ok, can't hurt to add a few more though, especially closeups of labels etc. including measurements is helpful as well.

I was using a pretty straight forward BIN strategy for awhile and had some pretty decent results, so your post gives me reassurance there. I was curious because one of my buddies was telling me about his superb 3-day auction strategy, but he was selling trading cards and not menswear. I'm gonna try and get some closer pics of the labels. Thanks!

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm way late in the debate and sorry about that. I don't really know about problems with shipping to any countries as I never had any (even to Brazil) and I'm sure I will have some one day but we don't have the GSP up here.
Problem is not Brazil itself, but the fact that it is illegal to ship second hand goods into the country. But, to each his own.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads