• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lirum

Reaction score
god i wish i was knew code. there is so much to gain as someone who knows what they're doing with the ebay API.

edit:

- even if you don't have a new bidder's email, if you have a high return customer rate then you could match high bidder id with the user id from past customers available in sales downloads
- if you sell anything except ties, size is paramount. anytime something matching a past customer's logged size is listed could be composed to an email and sent to a past customer.
- you could do this for any item specific: stripe, design, color
- all of this can be automated and deployed on a mass scale, as long as you save sales downloads (the past 90 days are available)
- with a SKU system available through custom labels (which is also included in the sales download!), it is possible to track a item from the point it is listed till it is sold (if you were really slick, you could get the item into the database as soon as it enters backlog)
- if this was implemented, it now becomes very possible to do advanced evaluations for past sale price against time value of invested money

soooo many possibilities.

- and by the way, the front end nice looking emails aren't even a hard part. turns out you can code email just like web pages, you can have css INSIDE email. holy ****.

Last edited:

cdgreg

Reaction score
A request is open in the Resolution Center - Ebayname let us know that they haven't received "Random Tie" and has requested a shipping status update

Tracking information was uploaded to ebay as I purchase all of my postage through ebay and it shows the tie delivered on 10/1. I shared this fact with the gentleman. I'm not worried about losing this case, but what guidance should I provide to the buyer? I don't want to spend hours on the phone with his post office, but I also don't want to be a jerk and say "IT SAYS IT'S DELIVERED, NOT MY PROBLEM!!"

Thanks!

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
A request is open in the Resolution Center - Ebayname let us know that they haven't received "Random Tie" and has requested a shipping status update

Tracking information was uploaded to ebay as I purchase all of my postage through ebay and it shows the tie delivered on 10/1. I shared this fact with the gentleman. I'm not worried about losing this case, but what guidance should I provide to the buyer? I don't want to spend hours on the phone with his post office, but I also don't want to be a jerk and say "IT SAYS IT'S DELIVERED, NOT MY PROBLEM!!"

Thanks!
Stuff like this happens, tell them nicely to check with the post office as it may be there as it shows delivered. I had something "delivered" here from a SF member the other day and it wasnt actually here, called post office and they had it, scanned by accident I guess...oops.

Worst case, block, win case and move on.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received this message from a buyer this evening:

Dear mensaman-us,

Hello I just checked my bank account and I thought I had $40 but I am empty

-Mec

Tweets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dear mensaman-us,

-Mec

I'm always amazed at all the messages i get like "will pay on friday when i get paid" and its like a $25 item

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quote:
lol8[1].gif

What I dont get is the people who make and offer and say "I'll pay right away" like that is going to make me accept there lowball offer.
baldy[1].gif

Last edited:

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A request is open in the Resolution Center - Ebayname [COLOR=000]let us know that they haven't received "Random Tie" and has requested a shipping status update[/COLOR] Tracking information was uploaded to ebay as I purchase all of my postage through ebay and it shows the tie delivered on 10/1. I shared this fact with the gentleman. I'm not worried about losing this case, but what guidance should I provide to the buyer? I don't want to spend hours on the phone with his post office, but I also don't want to be a jerk and say "IT SAYS IT'S DELIVERED, NOT MY PROBLEM!!" Thanks!
I was in that situation before. I don't know if he was trying a scam, or if someone in his building stole the package. I was very polite, and just told him I was real sorry about what happened, shared the tracking info, and said, "well let's have eBay find us a solution". Never heard from him again.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ordered a Tuxedo from a huge seller on the Italian Ebay two weeks ago. Got the package today, aaaaand...he shipped out the wrong tux. Not wrong size, but completely wrong tuxedo.
The guy barely speaks English, but it's pretty annoying that I as the end user will be out 50$(return shipping), because some guy didn't spend two extra seconds checking the item he was shipping out.

Is there ANY way to get the return shipping cost back, or am I just out of luck here?

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope he's not the biggest mofo ever and he tries to send you the pictures of any random suits he has, effectively claiming it's not the one he purchased :D 

He backed off and said that he ordered two suits from eBay and got them confused. Quite possible, but you'd think it would occur to him that, hey, maybe this is that other suit I ordered.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Dear mensaman-us,

-Mec
A good indication that menswear is crack, and we are the crack dealers.

This is an actual sign that was up locally right down the street from my old job. Glad I don;t have to work in that neighborhood anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads