• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LaundryRoom

Reaction score
And of all the items I have ever listed, this jacket has brought out more flakes than I have ever seen. More than sneakers, more than PRL, more than anything. I don't understand it...

Screenshot 2022-11-14 163834.jpg

Several fools have offered me $10 for it. Multiple messages from China, with simply "$50" as the message (not an actual offer, mind you).

I can't figure it out.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And of all the items I have ever listed, this jacket has brought out more flakes than I have ever seen. More than sneakers, more than PRL, more than anything. I don't understand it...

Sell some Thom Browne...

But that is surprising to me that piece would bring problem buyers.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My biggest source of problem buyers has been the BOB jog stroller I have listed on Fb Marketplace. I’ve had around a dozen queries as to its availability, without anyone responding to my response.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you have any items for the portly you might want to block this guy.

Great shirt..if you are 7’2” with 30” diameter arms & weigh about 340lb. I guess “Slim” is in the eye of the beholder.
NWOT Brooks Brothers Blue University Button Down 20-34 Slim MSRP $140 (#224533302115)
Buyer: winnie19406 (98)
US $45.00
Past month
Report this buyer
Reply by smsmith007. Left within past month.
Seriously? It is labeled slim and it is slim in relation to neck size. I give you the measurements of the shirt and you leave a neutral because you don't like the measurements? It is a 20 inch neck, which about 99% of the time means an obese or morbidly obese person (medical terms). "Slim" is relative to that. Fits are relative to the neck size, always. You apparently don't understand fits or measurements. Have a nice life, but don't buy from me again, please.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity - can you get a neutral removed?
i know unwarranted negs can be, but unsure in this case

I have never been able to get a neutral removed, but I rarely get them and don't worry much about them because ebay seems to count them as a positive in their positive feedback percentage.

OTOH, I have had a few negatives removed. Some of the super experienced guys gave me a few tips on how to do that. I recently had a claim of counterfeit removed on the second attempt. Ebay likes to see that you have made polite requests for revisions as a first step. Having a demonstrable track record of positive feedback and not getting in pissing contests with buyers can sway a reasonable CS rep.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After looking through a hundred or more listings on eBay today, I get why people don’t expect measurements to be in the listing. I’ve seen a few listings with incomplete measurements, and maybe one that had sleeve length provided. No surprise, the one with complete measurements was from a SF old timer who I haven’t seen here for ages.

Wasn't me, was it? :lol:

Henry S

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I received an item that wasn't as described, and this is my first time dealing with this kind of issue.
Is there a difference to the seller if I request a refund (and add pictures) or contact him before doing so?

goatamous II

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I received an item that wasn't as described, and this is my first time dealing with this kind of issue.
Is there a difference to the seller if I request a refund (and add pictures) or contact him before doing so?

Yes
a seller that accepts returns is viewed positively through ebay

if they refuse your return, your next course of action is a SNAD case (Significantly Not As Described), which basically forces the return onto them and negatively impacts their seller rating

1669038948855.png

eddyroxx

Reaction score
Anyone have a good phone number or email address to reach a US based customer service rep?
Every number I try seems to ultimately send me to agents reading off a script

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good phone number or email address to reach a US based customer service rep?
Every number I try seems to ultimately send me to agents reading off a script

In my experience ebay female CS reps will read off a script and don't give me any satisfaction if I am asking for a decision which requires any degree of judgement. Unfortunately the overseas reps tend to be women. It has gotten to the point that I will just say "Sorry, I have to hang up and take another call" if I get a female.

acconrad

Reaction score
What's the deal w/ buying stuff from the Ukraine right now? Happened to find some shoes I wanted to buy and while the seller feedback is awesome I can't help but wonder if my shoes would ever arrive (outside of the seller's control) given the situation there...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads