• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got sucked into a youtube rabbit hole of mega sellers on ebay making hundreds of thousands of dollars an year from mall brand clothes, selling them at like $12.99 OBO. Respect.

View attachment 1769569

I've seen that guys vids and yeah, those type of high-volume sellers do a lot of business. At that point each individual item becomes less important, and it's more about price tiers and volume. He'll even undersell some items just cause he doesn't research everything and throws a standard "tier price" on it.

That guy has employees and stuff, but the way he's able to list/sell so much is mainly through: Streamlining listing processes, Buying in Bulk / pennies per item and finally there's the "Cumulative Effect" that happens once you reach higher amounts of active listings.

Something that I've taken away from videos/sellers like that is the amount of time they spend per item - It's like tens of seconds or 1-2 minutes at most. Minimal prepping, only a few photos per listing, minimal description, ruler measurements in photos and highly streamlined photo editing/posting system...

I'm just too much of a perfectionist when it comes to things and could never list items that quickly. But yeah good for those types of sellers.

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
've seen that guys vids and yeah, those type of high-volume sellers do a lot of business.

Looks like he got banned for life on ebay. Apparently he sold 1M+ worth of high end sneakers during their zero sneaker selling fee promotional period and couldn't produce proof of where he got them from.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like he got banned for life on ebay. Apparently he sold 1M+ worth of high end sneakers during their zero sneaker selling fee promotional period and couldn't produce proof of where he got them from.

Whoa that's crazy. Haven't looked into it all yet, but that doesn't sound good for his business.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have run into a new issue;
The buyer complains that I charged too much for shipping, but the amount was always stated.
He now opened an eBay dispute.
What should I do? Just move on and give him 20$ back or just tell him to ship the item back.

Thx

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have run into a new issue;
The buyer complains that I charged too much for shipping, but the amount was always stated.
He now opened an eBay dispute.
What should I do? Just move on and give him 20$ back or just tell him to ship the item back.

Thx

What’s the stated reason for the dispute? Is this a return request?

haloitsme

Reaction score
What’s the stated reason for the dispute? Is this a return request?
No return request; he just wrote:
... eBay should investigate whether the seller wants to enrich himself or not (a german thing I guess because the buyer is from Germany)... something like this.

He can still send the item back; I don't care ^^.

I am just wondering if I should dispute it or not because he is in Germany, and eBay wont allow me a partial refund just full :(

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No return request; he just wrote:
... eBay should investigate whether the seller wants to enrich himself or not (a german thing I guess because the buyer is from Germany)... something like this.

He can still send the item back; I don't care ^^.

I am just wondering if I should dispute it or not because he is in Germany, and eBay wont allow me a partial refund just full :(

After a sale, the buyer has no standing to complain about shipping prices, unless you changed the shipping price after the sale.

For such complaints, I just point out to the buyer that I charge calculated shipping, and he should complain to USPS about prices going up.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've messaged the buyer about this, but there's no option to refuse the return request because the reason specified is obviously incorrect. Thoughts?
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 19.53.04.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 19.52.03.jpg

And the many pictures given in the listing are also "pretty clearly navy"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads