• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes international buyers aren't fully realizing they're buying something...internationally. Actual calculated shipping charges don't really show up until they check out. That said, tell him to take it up with ebay.
Yep; and then they complain about custom duties/import etc. Sometimes don't pick up and I get hit with extra return costs, lol.

I wonder if they're seeing the EU taxes added on and thinking you just jacked the price after the sale?
on some items, I saw this, and some don't.
UK buyers are also a pain. With the 135 Pound Threshold, eBay calculates it always wrong.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK let's start a new game. Looking for suggestions for my response. Best suggestion which will not get me in hot water with ebay wins!

Let me get you up to speed: Buyer selects one item from a multiple-item listing. This is the description:
"New Brooks Brothers Silk Bow Tie. Self tie, adjustable from 13.75 to 18 in the neck. MSRP $89.50.
Order by position number in first photo. 1-4, left to right."

In case you are not familiar with the multi-item listing template, this listing shows a pull down menu with " Position (l to r) in main pic: " below item title.

New message from: lah-lai-kguabx2 (64 BLUE_STAR Star )
Four sold. Please send remaining 3 bow ties.

Me:
Four have been sold. Three were previously sold and then you bought the last one. Take a look at the listing and the description. I am using the standard ebay listing template for a multiple item listing

Buyer:

Unacceptable. Mis representation in your listing. I purchased 4 bow ties based on your listing. I only received one. Four bow ties were pictured and the quantity I purchased. What are you going to do to make this right? I did not receive what I paid for. I have been cheated.

Me:
Call ebay and ask if you have been cheated.

Buyer:
I’m not calling anybody. I know I have been cheated by you. You are the seller and you are a thief. It is up to you to make this right.

Buyer then opens a "Did not receive" request with ebay.

Last edited:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
INR is the easiest one to defeat, unfortunately, that doesn't prevent him from opening an NAD should they choose to do so.

The "Not Received" in this case is the other three ties which the buyer thinks she bought. Tracking shows delivered and of course she is acknowledging the delivery of one.

I'm not sweating negative feedback (easily removed) or any possible financial loss from a $27 + shipping transaction. The post is just for entertainment value.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't ******* wait for ebay to mandate immediate payment upon accepting best offer.

1652202504611.png

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a weird situation.

Buyer paid full price for a OBO item. He messages me three days later to say that he didn't order it, and that the item isn't even his size. Buyer's remorse, or hacked account?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a weird situation.

Buyer paid full price for a OBO item. He messages me three days later to say that he didn't order it, and that the item isn't even his size. Buyer's remorse, or hacked account?

After you shipped? Tell him there’s nothing you can do and that he should take it up with eBay.

eddyroxx

Reaction score
Have a buyers address in the following format:

John Doe
PO Box 123
1234 X Street
City, State 12345

My postage machine does not recognize it as a valid address
It's a PO box on line 1 and a residential address on line 2

Should I be suspicious? Never seen an address like this with 2 different addresses

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What you wrote is essentially a compliant US postal address (except that it should be in all capitals, with no comma). If the street address and PO Box address are on separate lines, the one on top is the delivery address. The other one might be used if the item is undeliverable to the top one. Your example would be delivered to the PO Box, and if that's successful, the street address would be ignored.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeKirk