• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
So, the postal service employee was lying to me earlier today?

I shipped a 15 ounce package to Ontario and was told that there was no option that included tracking which would cost less than $36. Obviously, I opted for the $10.55 option!
They prob. didnt know. My post office didnt know they had e-declon tracking.

I think it is now Canada + Australia Belgium Brazil Croatia Denmark France Germany Great Britain Ireland Israel Netherlands New Zealand Spain Sweden Switzerland. (I THINK), best to just go online and print the label yourself.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first class and priority are not able to be tracked beyond dispatched from my experience.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
first class and priority are not able to be tracked beyond dispatched from my experience.

I ship very little international, though the last item was a tie to the UK 3 or 4 weeks ago via 1st Class Int'l that showed it left the US....no update for about 10 days, then showed as delivered. Rec'd pos feedback and all was well in the world.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you send invoices with discount on prices? Used to do it all the time but tried now and it said you can't do discounts except for on shipping and taxes?

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only had UPS/FEDEX on my Lobb listing for international, guy from China said it was coming up as $350 UPS, FedEx wouldn't even ship. Is there any way to ship reasonably internationally and still be insured? I don't see $350 for a shoebox as reasonable, it's 1/4 of a plane ticket to China. There's a lot of billionaires in China, probably more than Russia. I've shipped several items to RU so far with no problems, can China be THAT much more sketchy? Has anyone shipped to China yet?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I only had UPS/FEDEX on my Lobb listing for international, guy from China said it was coming up as $350 UPS, FedEx wouldn't even ship.  Is there any way to ship reasonably internationally and still be insured?  I don't see $350 for a shoebox as reasonable, it's 1/4 of a plane ticket to China.  There's a lot of billionaires in China, probably more than Russia.  I've shipped several items to RU so far with no problems, can China be THAT much more sketchy?  Has anyone shipped to China yet?

All the time. For shoes, its about $40 to China by Priority and $50 with express at most.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just sent an ebay invoice a few days ago and added on a fee. On the bottom under shipping and tax it has "discount/fee" maybe it changed since the "update" 2 days ago, but it worked fine for me abut a week ago
Yeah, you can add all the fee you want, but if you want to discount, you can only discount up to the amount of the shipping. I do free shipping, so I can't do a discount at all. I usually just paypal invoice or send them a partial refund.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1

Turn off the global shipping program tx...
It was UPS that wanted $350, the auction didn't have GSP. I don't know what I was thinking, it looks like if I go Priority International, I can cover up to $1000 through eBay Shipcover even to China, and $5,000 through USPS. I thought the limits were much lower and/or many countries weren't covered through USPS/Shipcover.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, you can add all the fee you want, but if you want to discount, you can only discount up to the amount of the shipping. I do free shipping, so I can't do a discount at all. I usually just paypal invoice or send them a partial refund.

Yeah ended up doing partial refund, not sure why they limit it though

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've an issue. I sold an item (BINOBO) and the guy BIN but still hasn't paid. He also has 0 reviews. Anyways, I believe he either 1. doesn't know how to use ebay or 2. is scared off because I forgot to uncheck the global thing off of that listing.

1. Does anyone know how to make that stupid global shipping program thing go away from ALL of my listings without editing each indiv one?

2. When I try to send an invoice to the buyer to pay there is a prompt that says "you can't send invoice for this order
The item(s) will ship using the Global Shipping Program. As part of the program, buyer directly pays international shipping and import charges to the third-party shipping provider. The buyer will still be able to complete checkout even if you don't send an invoice.

If that's the case, wth am I supposed to do?

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you guys list something as "recent", just how recent are we talking?

I swear, half of the SC and suits that are listed as "recent" look like they're from the 90s, sometimes even older.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads