• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess I appreciate the honesty, but really, do I look like Nordstrom? I got this message this morning: "Hello, wondering if you can be flexible with your return policy. I see the listing says "only accepted if item not as described". I want to order these shoes for my wedding but need to know I can return because I need to see them in person with my suit and everything to be 100% positive." Of course, he could have simply bought them and invented a reason for return and I would have no recourse, but still. Can I state in my communications with him that I will relax my return policy, but that the original shipping cost cannot be refunded in the event of a return? Would that hold up in a dispute?
Sounds like the guy should be shopping in stores, not online. I'd tell him nicely to take it on the arches and hit his local mall.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the guy should be shopping in stores, not online. I'd tell him nicely to take it on the arches and hit his local mall.

+1

That being said, I'm finding that I get far more sales when I have a return policy than without one.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just shipped something USPS 1st Class to Canada. I was at a Brick and Mortar Post Office and they said Tracking isn't available? That seems really strange to me. Apparently it's only available on Express Mail?

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tracking on First class is upon request only - it's about 90 cents extra. It is included standard on priority and express, but going to Canada I'm not sure if you'd have to send it registered to get the tracing. O

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally requested it. She said she couldn't. I think she just kinda sucked at her job.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eBay app notified me of a message from someone that bought a pair of pants from me a week back. With my recent luck (item delayed in shipping, phantom stains on a Versace tie that necessitated a return) I started tensing up for another aggravating issue. Then I read this.

"These pants are beautiful, and have just become my favorite! Are there any more Oxxford trousers (or anything else) from this man's closet available? Thanks"

:)

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha I thought it was only me that instinctively starts gearing up for issuing a full refund every time a message from an ebayer comes through. I actually audibly respond with an audible "oh come on what now" whenever that box pops up now.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well express mail is the only one they for sure scan in Canada I believe. Not sure about the new systems but I've had 'tracking' before on non express mail that was never scanned. Also had buyers not 'receive' packages in this case as well.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Express Mail is the cheapest way to get tracking to Canada. I shipped a package Standard Air Mail to Ontario. It would've been $35 (vs $11). I skipped it and am hoping that someone with over 600 feedback wouldn't be a scammer...

Last edited:

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wes has sent me stuff to Canada using First Class International, partly - I think - a mix of price, tracking and home pick up. It's the one I recommend to trading partners here. Maybe it's better suited to SF business rather than eBay business. I'll have to look into this Express class.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, the postal service employee was lying to me earlier today?

I shipped a 15 ounce package to Ontario and was told that there was no option that included tracking which would cost less than $36. Obviously, I opted for the $10.55 option!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads