• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks brother suit problems

Starjammir

Reaction score
First off I know that I am new, but this is not a troll thread. More of a what do i do now thread?

Very long story kinda short as I am heading out of the house right now. I got married two weeks ago and wanted to get a suit for it as I would be more inclined to wear a suit more than a tux again. I went to Brooks Brothers (NOT the outlet) to get a suit the day after Xmas. Pick the suit out and they have to have it shipped. No big. It arrives at my house so I take it to their store to have it tailored for me. Again no problems. Get a call two weeks later that the suit is ready to be picked up. Go there and try it on and notice that the right pocket has been separated from the pants a little bit (a hole). I tell the guy helping me and he gets the manager and they ask when I need the suit. I needed it within a week. They say no problem and get the lady to sew it back together. EHH this is not a JC Penny suit.
So my sister works around the corner from the store (I live a hour from the store) and she picks it up for me. I get it at the wedding and low and behold the jacket is separating from the outside of the suit, not just one part but the whole thing. ****! I am getting married in a hour! I live with it, and take it back to the store the next day. The manager isn't in on Sundays so I leave it for him. He calls me and does not apologize for this problem just offers $50 in return and to fix it. I am pissed. I call customer service and they say that since I got the suit on sale they can't do anything else for me. After 20 minutes on the phone I finally get her to tell the manager to fix it for me, ship it back to my house, and give me $50 back.

Well today, I get the suit back and tell me if this looks alright to you guys...
DSC00553_zpsd3466725.jpg

DSC00555_zpsa6ad4510.jpg

DSC00558_zps193b0d8f.jpg

DSC00557_zps390fb3e0.jpg

DSC00554_zpsec30adf6.jpg

DSC00556_zps73784be8.jpg

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In future use your own trusted tailor for repairs. I may buy a suit in a store, but I don't use their tailors. I use my own whom I trust.

Last edited:

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its just the lining and all looks fine now but I to have had unpleasant experience when it comes to brooks brothers tailoring and MTM

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am glad that you were able to spend time writing about the problem upon which you want advice "Very long story kinda short as I am heading out of the house right now.".

I am assuming that what you mean is that the lining was becoming unstitched, "and behold the jacket is separating from the outside of the suit" ? It does not look good but will probably be fine functionally. Take the $50, it is probably the best that you will get on a sale item.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads