• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I really do like them. They are write up there with my stcrispin button boots
biggrin.gif
I remember your SC button boots, but this ones are cut above the best. Enjoy both
fing02[1].gif

tobiasfunke19

Reaction score
Hello,

Will also post this on the Edward Green thread. I am in the process of ordering a pair of Galways. They are going to be on the 202 last. I am hoping to get some suggestions regarding the make-up.

I want the boots to be hard-wearing and versatile. So something that I can wear to work (business casual), a leisurely walk in the park, to dinner and even the beach maybe. I really like the feel of the Delapre calf that they have been using. I am thinking a dark-brown or navy shade of the smooth Delapre calf (not the printed Delapre Utah) with a perforated cap-toe and Dainite sole.

What do you guys think of this? It is my first pair of Galways so I would really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks in advance.

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Will also post this on the Edward Green thread. I am in the process of ordering a pair of Galways. They are going to be on the 202 last. I am hoping to get some suggestions regarding the make-up.

I want the boots to be hard-wearing and versatile. So something that I can wear to work (business casual), a leisurely walk in the park, to dinner and even the beach maybe. I really like the feel of the Delapre calf that they have been using. I am thinking a dark-brown or navy shade of the smooth Delapre calf (not the printed Delapre Utah) with a perforated cap-toe and Dainite sole.

What do you guys think of this? It is my first pair of Galways so I would really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks in advance.

my suggestion would be a standard 202 galway model in burgundy delapre vamp with a burgundy Utah shaft, on a dainite sole.

modernman76

Reaction score
I still have a few to go to round out the collection, but it's not bad so far.

(Bottom picture - left to right) Tricker's for Herring's, Alfred Sargent, Tricker's, Alden, Tricker's for Norse, Cheaney for RRL, Tricker's, Tricker's, Tricker's for Herring's.

Last edited:

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still have a few to go to round out the collection, but it's not bad so far.

(Bottom picture - left to right) Tricker's for Herring's, Alfred Sargent, Tricker's, Alden, Tricker's for Norse, Cheaney for RRL, Tricker's, Tricker's, Tricker's for Herring's.

nice lineup! I like the well-thought out variation in styles/colors/materials!

Last edited:

AJ Stelacio

Reaction score
Boot guus not sure if this is the best spot but im about to oull the trigger on Alen Edmond First aves. And since they are an ebay purchase I am nervous over fit. Could anybody speak to the 201 last? Do you size down? Does it run narrow? It looks like a size dow. And regular width but I am having troubles confirming my suspicions.
Thank you for your help!

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know these were posted earlier in the week, but can one ever get enough peccary?

isatcong

Reaction score
I recently bought a pair of Jack Erwin "Carter" boots in burgundy. The fit is snug, and I've kept a pair of wooden shoe inserts in them for a few months to help with stretching, although I'm not sure if that will help. These are made in spain, goodyear constructed
and very hard to break in. But for $225.00, I guess I can't be choosy. I love the design and I hope they'll get better with time.

http://www.jackerwin.com/products/carter-wingtip-combat-boot-burgundy-full-grain

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads