• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
EG Galway in Mahogany CC on 72 last.

E1964E45-796B-488B-97AD-20EE1C8476F1.jpeg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, I have a pair in the Dune CXL that I'm just getting broken in. They seem to wear much like my CXL Diesels. Black CXL Brass Boots are scheduled to arrive tomorrow, I might have a problem. ;) Also, I noticed that you have some experience with Truman and Viberg. How would compare them with Grant Stone based on break-in, comfort, sizing and durability?
I have / wear the following sizes:
Grant Stone Leo/Alexander/Floyd : US 13 E
Truman 79 Last : US 13 EE
Viberg 2030/1035 : Viberg 13

All my Grant Stone boots are CXL and hence very easy to wear from the first wear and not really any breaking in required. My only pair of Truman is in Horse Rump and rubber sole so was easy to wear and comfortable after 3-4 wears. All my Vibergs are Maryam horsebutt and that is a thick leather so it took quite some time to get them broken in and comfortable. With the number of pairs I have amd the wear I get in rotation I am still not sure if they are broken in completely.

They are all made very well for what they are. Vibergs are and they feel a bit more robust in construction and refined in terms of look. If pushed i could wear them in a business setting also. Truman seem short and stubby and hence I will remain at just 1. Grant Stone is fully casual and is great with jeans and chinos. All sizes were recommended by the makers and knowing my wide feet I have landed on the correct sizes from the beginning.

Reaction score
Hey, anyone know where I can get a narrow fitting (B) boot, please?

Viberg, Yuketen, for example, are only available in a standard D width as far as I can find.

It was the same over at Alden NYC.

Besides ordering a custom pair from somewhere like Nicks, are there any other options?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, anyone know where I can get a narrow fitting (B) boot, please?

Viberg, Yuketen, for example, are only available in a standard D width as far as I can find.

It was the same over at Alden NYC.

Besides ordering a custom pair from somewhere like Nicks, are there any other options?
Rancourt, special order Alden

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads