• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jellyroller

Reaction score
C&J Aldershot, I own 20 pairs of boots and this the only English or European I have.

I was in NY for a weekend with my 15 year old kid walking to the C&J store with the intention of getting the Conistone and Pembroke both in scotch grain but I ended up with this one and the Pembroke in burgundy cordovan..

It's really cool, fits great and it's nice that you can remove the top strap easily if you don't like it.

I still want to get the Coniston in black grain that I have seen some cool pictures in the C&J thread lately.

Cheers,

View attachment 2076727

View attachment 2076729 View attachment 2076731

Excellent. Show us the cordovan Pembrokes too

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul Sargent Castelton chukka boots bought from A Fine Pair of Shoes now on sale.

IMG_2306.jpeg
IMG_2308.jpeg
IMG_2307.jpeg

basu13

Reaction score
Very nice boots, I just got a pair of GS Diesels in the same color that were delivered on Wednesday. They are size 10.5E which seem to fit perfectly. They are a bit heavier than I expected and so far I'm just wearing them for an hour or two around home to break them in. Compared to the Thursday boots I have they are certainly a step up in quality.
How long have you had your boots and what have you used to condition them? They appear to be a bit more brown and a richer color than mine are so far.
I am just getting more interested in boots and enjoying reading all the posts. I more familiar with dress shoes, a few days ago my wife asked if i was starting to go through a "Boot Phase". She is concerned because she has seen me go through other phases. ;)
I've worn mine for around 10 times now. Usually wear these to work. Have the same leather in Diesels and Ottawas as well. The crimson CXL that Grant Stone offers is a classic, very rich in tone and will keep picking up patina with wear. Really thick and supple leather. I haven't conditioned mine at all - just a quick daily brushing before wear. Mine could be looking darker because of the lighting conditions and the camera.

Attaching a pic of my diesels.

Attachments

• IMG_20230906_093903.jpg
    IMG_20230906_093903.jpg
    602.5 KB · Views: 47

M.Photog

Reaction score
I've worn mine for around 10 times now. Usually wear these to work. Have the same leather in Diesels and Ottawas as well. The crimson CXL that Grant Stone offers is a classic, very rich in tone and will keep picking up patina with wear. Really thick and supple leather. I haven't conditioned mine at all - just a quick daily brushing before wear. Mine could be looking darker because of the lighting conditions and the camera.

Attaching a pic of my diesels

I am very impressed with the Diesels, how do you find the fit of yours compared to the Ottawa boots? I am considering a pair of them before the BF sale ends. I like the black CXL but the is little potential for retina there ad the Dune Cxl is marked down.

basu13

Reaction score
I picked up the black CXL and pebble grain Ottawas in the sale this time. This would be my sole black pair but it looks stunning with the antiqued contrasting welt. Plan to keep it polished for business casual wear. Dune Ottawas were my first GS pickup and patinas gorgeously.

Fit is pretty similar between diesels and Ottawas. Ottawas look dressier and I like the split toe design. Both can be worn well with jeans as well as business casuals.

M.Photog

Reaction score
I picked up the black CXL and pebble grain Ottawas in the sale this time. This would be my sole black pair but it looks stunning with the antiqued contrasting welt. Plan to keep it polished for business casual wear. Dune Ottawas were my first GS pickup and patinas gorgeously.

Fit is pretty similar between diesels and Ottawas. Ottawas look dressier and I like the split toe design. Both can be worn well with jeans as well as business casuals.
I just ordered the Ottawas in dune, they were marked down so i ordered a few Saphir products and an extra brush to meet the BF sale requirement. Is there any known treatment for this addiction? I plan to wear the Diesels to church tomorrow.

Fenners81

Reaction score
I just ordered the Ottawas in dune, they were marked down so i ordered a few Saphir products and an extra brush to meet the BF sale requirement. Is there any known treatment for this addiction? I plan to wear the Diesels to church tomorrow.
Immersing yourself with fellow addicts will only make your abnormal behaviour feel normal. You may even convince yourself that compared to them, your problem is relatively minor. It's time to face up to what you've become, only then can you begin the journey away from this madness.

M.Photog

Reaction score
Immersing yourself with fellow addicts will only make your abnormal behaviour feel normal. You may even convince yourself that compared to them, your problem is relatively minor. It's time to face up to what you've become, only then can you begin the journey away from this madness.
Oh no, this is how I ended up with 12 vehicles. :)

Fenners81

Reaction score
I still have garage space for about 6 more cars. And let's not talk about watches...:)
Then understand that you can fill the remaining space in your garage, boot closets and jewellery drawers, but the inner void you're trying to fill will remain. You'll die wanting, with all the stuff that you ever desired, but missing the one thing you actually needed - contentment.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member