• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

basu13

Reaction score
IMG_20230924_075048.jpg
IMG_20230924_075000.jpg

Psyko

Reaction score
What is your regular Brannock and where do these fit tight exactly?

Thanks for asking.

Sorry, don’t have my Brannock size as none of the shoe stores in Norway I've been to have a Brannock device.

They fit tight in the toebox, as both my big toes hit the toebox wall. They fit very similar to an old Red Wing moc toe boot I used to wear in size US 10.5, which also fit well in all areas except the toebox. Also, other shoes I have owned in US 10.5 (like Saint Crispin's classic last, Crockett & Jones 325 Cavendish) have fit well except in the toebox. Based on this I would think the Flame Pandas are a pretty solid true to size US 10.5.

nb1820

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any suede chelsea boots in a similar beige color to these Saint Laurent ones below? I wanted to find a similar pair with better construction and checked Crockett & Jones, Edward Green, John Lobb, etc. with no luck

1695565085226.png

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any suede chelsea boots in a similar beige color to these Saint Laurent ones below? I wanted to find a similar pair with better construction and checked Crockett & Jones, Edward Green, John Lobb, etc. with no luck

View attachment 2033619
Maybe the rough out suede from Crockett & Jones FW23. Hard to tell from photos,though.

Oliverk19

Reaction score
I stand by trickers and Joseph Cheaney for boots. My brogue boots from Cheaney are coming up ten years old and they look great. The gentleman in the shop was surprised when I told him how old they were. They have been abused with the British weather but a good polish and cream keeps them looking decent. As for trickers my brother bought boots from a lot of different companies, some very expensive and he always went back to his trickers. As he said they are the most robust boots he owns. We are fortunate in the UK as we can head up north to the factory outlets and get considerable diacounts, although trickers have a factory outlet online now so worth a look.
If you want a nice dress boots then the George officer boots are worth a look. Made to.milirary specs and incredibly affordable on ebay. With a good polish they look very smart and I prefer a boot in the good old English weather.
In terms of foreign makers, I am keen to try Alden I've always loved their shoes and I imagine they would fit well. The Asian shoe market has some wonderful offerings but they are made in a narrower last and I like to try boots on. I've made that mistake once buying online and never again

Oliverk19

Reaction score
Oh another company worth a look for Chelsea boots, the Harold boot company in Australia. They are a lot cheaper than r.ms and use a more robust construction method

Gustaf

Reaction score

View attachment 2033619

With C&J, I think slate is closest, although it’s kinda between khaki and suede. Don’t think there is a khaki chelsea though.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't get into boots until a few years ago. Because I have wide feet, I had to research a few brands and try their lasts. By far, Chippewa is one of my favourite for fit, comfort, and price point. I have 2 pairs of Chippewa and 2 pairs of Chippewa for LL Bean. All are the last of the American made line.

These Ellisons were my first pair and I quickly fell in love. Dan Frappier rebuilt with the stacked leather look. The Vibram soles provide great grip in the winter.

Mad Dog Laces for a fall look.
20230924_095235.jpg
20230924_095250.jpg
20230924_095254.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics