• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bonito bonito.

If there a Enzo Bonafe GMTO SF thread/forum?

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/enzo-bonafÉ-mto-and-gmto-central.504550/page-139#post-11530219

The thread was very active for a few years, in part driven by Nishant's ideas, but has become quiet the last couple of years. There were several spectacular GMTOs back in the day (mid 2010s-early 2021/22).

Edit: For a while (2017-2022?) Enzo was the king of shell, especially rare shell, on SF.

Last edited:

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too late to the party then..... Cheers mate
Reach out to Solegarb on instagram. Lorenzo (very occasionally) offers MTO waiver or 50% discount on MTO upcharge for single MTO

Bonafe requires only 4 participants per GMTO, so easier to closeout than say C&J

Last edited:

kurdo

Reaction score
Close to pulling the trigger on the Eastman Leather USMC Raider Boots, but not 100% sure what size to get. My regular "safe bet" size for chelsea boots, ankle boots, sneakers, etc. is 44 EU. But that's not always a perfect fit; sometimes a bit roomy with chelseas, sometimes size 43 EU.

I also have a pair of White's Boots "Packers" in size 9 EE US, but those are too tight. I believe that's White's Boots highest arch, for which they recommend 1 size smaller than your regular size. I should've probably gotten a 9.5 US instead of 9, plus 1 to compensate for the last to get my regular size 10 US = 9.5 UK. Conversion charts aren't always consistent though, some state 44 EU is either 9.5 UK or 10 UK.

I asked their customer service for advice and they recommended size 10 UK. I am personally inclined towards getting size 9.5 UK because of the reasons mentioned before. S&S also sells these boots and they recommend getting 1 size smaller from "Brannock device size" for a relaxed fit or 0.5 size smaller for a snug fit. Thing is, I don't know my Brannock device and can't find such device on short notice.

Common sense would probably be to go with 9.5 UK. Perhaps it's a perfect fit, and if not, thick socks or break-in may fix the imperfect fit over time. Could probably exchange (not sure yet, can't find any information about it on their website), but want to prevent that because exchanging imports is a hassle.

Probably sounds like I already have my mind made up (9.5 UK), but still interested in hearing some sizing opinions/advice from someone who has that boot or similar!

Last edited:

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grant Stone Ottawa, they will age beautifully. My sloppy gait is evident in the nicks that the welt shows.

IMG_2760.jpeg
IMG_2759.jpeg
IMG_2758.jpeg

Satoman1

Reaction score
Vintage Gotthard chelsea made in Germany.

I bought them NOS but the elastic gusset has already stretched, probably due to time. I'm still wondering whether I should take it to have the elastic gusset replaced or not because the cobber certainly won't be able to sew the threads again with the same high SPI as before.
20240325_165928.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads