• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boot Tuck: Discuss.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
What aboot the sneaker tuck??

Ick.

I'd say the boot tuck is a hard look to pull. I once tried to emulate JPGM, but failed miserably. It works naturally for some.

Brian SD

Reaction score
It's the jeans that **** up that SoCal fit. The sneakers look great IMO, and the jeans would look good tucked in if they didn't have those wack-ass humongous white streams coming out of his asshole.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually saw a fit very similar to the picture in the OP on the subway yesterday. This young dude, maybe 21-24 had a very nice fitted trenchcoat. From his grooming, it seems like he may be metro (tweezed eyebrows, etc). Plus he had good layering going on, letting 1/4" of his sweater show outside the sleeve of his trenchcoat. Everything fitted great. Then I saw the boot tuck.... my gut reaction was that it was WRONG, although everything fitted the guy well, everything looked so "forced" as someone had say. Though I was indifferent before, I now would put the boot tuck in the same category as the half-tucked shirt, or the flipping up of jacket/blazer collars indoors. Maybe it's cool if you've been doing it all your life, but putting an outfit together to showcase your new found look is lame, and obvious.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
It's the jeans that **** up that SoCal fit. The sneakers look great IMO, and the jeans would look good tucked in if they didn't have those wack-ass humongous white streams coming out of his asshole.

It's what happens when you piss bleach.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by horriblyjollyjinx
that's terrible. on another note, why don't you wear clothes instead of brands.

On another note why don't you lick my taint?

JFKJean

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
I actually saw a fit very similar to the picture in the OP on the subway yesterday. This young dude, maybe 21-24 had a very nice fitted trenchcoat. From his grooming, it seems like he may be metro (tweezed eyebrows, etc). Plus he had good layering going on, letting 1/4" of his sweater show outside the sleeve of his trenchcoat. Everything fitted great. Then I saw the boot tuck.... my gut reaction was that it was WRONG, although everything fitted the guy well, everything looked so "forced" as someone had say. Though I was indifferent before, I now would put the boot tuck in the same category as the half-tucked shirt, or the flipping up of jacket/blazer collars indoors. Maybe it's cool if you've been doing it all your life, but putting an outfit together to showcase your new found look is lame, and obvious.

I think that's a bit too much. I'm certainly not a collar flipper or half tucker but I love the jean tuck into boots, when it's done right

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD

I respectfully disagree. I think it would look equally as bad, but that stems from the fact that I think the boot tuck doesn't work in my opinion as a "look", rather it should work as a function, i.e., when snow is on the ground and you don't want your pants to get dirty.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I hear what you're saying, but I wasn't trying to get "deep". Personally, I just think it looks odd, but keep on tuckin' for those that do.

I think the more important questions is: should you "peg" your jeans bottom prior to tucking? Discuss....

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hakamura_Niroki