• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boot Tuck: Discuss.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/52/boottuckzj3.jpg I don't think my boots are tall enough, and it's uncomfortable, and I'm getting back of the leg flare because the boots are too short. I think I did a better boot tuck than any other boot tuck I've seen in real life, but I don't think it's working for me. Sooo, picture of what not to do?
You're right. Tight, sheeny denim + mining boots + new found boot-tuck = doesn't jive my friend... looks abeit e-victimy and hipsterish.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can guarantee that my boot tuck is not leaving the house haha

Eagle

Reaction score
There were times during my military service, that I bloused my trouser/BDU legs, over my boots. I thought that looked pretty cool. I've since tucked my trouser legs in rubber hip waders, while fishing, and that proved pretty serviceable. However, I can't say that I would presume to tuck my trouser legs into the shafts of any of my various pairs of leather boots. To my eye, that just looks a bit silly!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stazy
Thanks for the heads up. I'm digging these "Oiled Horse Leather Lace Up Boots" by Augusta.

Boots.jpg

You can't go wrong with Augusta boots.

acollection.jpg

acollection1.jpg

L1020969.jpg

centrix

Reaction score
well theres a teacher in my school who does it and hes seems like a huge sissy, like if a nerd decided to rob him hed totally just hand his cash over, it seems to have that effect on people imo

mdeep1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I like it if you are balancing the bottom with something on top like a jacket or outerwear. EG you can see the difference below
sundayoffice.jpg
sundayoffice1.jpg
helm.jpg
suckit.jpg
rafhunter.jpg

Boot tuck gone wrong.
throwupzo0.jpg

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stp83169ko6.jpg
I did it. But it was not so much a fashion choice as a practical one: It had rained, there was lots of water and mud on the ground, and I usually walk someplace to eat lunch.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdeep1
Boot tuck gone wrong.

throwupzo0.jpg

You seem to be a big fan of mine and follow my posts. Are you Jet, Ghulk or a SZer?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
stp83169ko6.jpg

I did it. But it was not so much a fashion choice as a practical one: It had rained, there was lots of water and mud on the ground, and I usually walk someplace to eat lunch.

You should replace that jacket with a Tim red leather...oh wait...

mdeep1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
You seem to be a big fan of mine and follow my posts. Are you Jet, Ghulk or a SZer?

Sorry, I don't frequent the board that much to know who those people are. I don't know how you can comment on people following you when you post in every thread.

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
I think this thread should also discuss the semi-tuck you get when you fold down the tops of higher boots. I'm actually sporting that today. It's a less extreme look than the full tuck, though it does look similar in some ways.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Boot tuck gone wrong.

Excellent example of a sheep also.

Sorry, I don't frequent the board that much to know who those people are. I don't know how you can comment on people following you when you post in every thread.

True but don't pay him any mind dewd is paranoid.

Astan

Reaction score
i think its hard to make the boot tuck look good. warlok does a good job and a few others. but i would say close to 50% just look silly.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bernadetesnyder