• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Boardwalk Empire

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hope you recognized the gunman as the obnoxious kid that's always arguing with his bosses (the twat filing the serial numbers off his gun). I was impressed with the wreckage he left though.

AKA Bugsy Siegel

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hope you recognized the gunman as the obnoxious kid that's always arguing with his bosses (the twat filing the serial numbers off his gun). I was impressed with the wreckage he left though.

I thought it was Bugsy but wasn't 100% sure.

Willie5566

Reaction score

I would have never pictured Van Alden's wife as a ride or die *****.

LOL

I'm tired of Margaret.

Word. Enough of her ******* assault on the dirty twats of Atlantic City. We like them that way!

The hit against Rosetti was hilariously inept. Sending one guy against 4? And then, when he's got all three of the other guys (plus the paper boy for some reason) down, he doesn't even go back and finish Rosetti off? Just awful.

+1
Why didn't the gunman just shoot the freaking door the first time when he found out it was locked instead of messing around with the door a few seconds which coincidentally allowed Rossetti enough time to get his gun?

I love the Monday morning quarterbacking on the hit. Like we are all hit-men in our real life. I am sure they don't always go as planned. I guess it just wasn't Rosetti's time.

I liked the, "You want me to start a war? In New York? Where things actually matter?"

Theories on this? One minute Rothstein is telling Nucky he can't get involved and calling his city a **** hole and the next they are trying to kill Rossetti. It did not make sense.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I liked the, "You want me to start a war? In New York? Where things actually matter?"

Theories on this? One minute Rothstein is telling Nucky he can't get involved and calling his city a **** hole and the next they are trying to kill Rossetti. It did not make sense.

It was the meeting at the diner. Gyp came off as such a caveman, explained how this interruption in everyone's business was just because Rosetti doesn't like Nucky, that Rothstetin decided it was time to take action. Rosetti was even nice enough to let Rothstein know what hotel and his room number to send the gunman too. Why the gunman (the future Bugsy Siegel btw) was unsuccessful is because it's too early in the season to off Nucky's main antagonist for the season.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Rothstein never had any intention of dealing with Rosetti, he just set up the meet so he could find a good way to off him. Rothstein might be annoyed with Nucky and loathe to start trouble with Masseria, but he knows that Rosetti is a wild card prone to making emotional decisions that bring unwanted attention and that Nucky is a business man like himself.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I love the Monday morning quarterbacking on the hit. Like we are all hit-men in our real life. I am sure they don't always go as planned. I guess it just wasn't Rosetti's time.

I would just think that when pulling off a hit against a high-level mafia person, it would be a little bit better planned then having Bugsy running wild and killing everyone in sight except for the main target.

GreenNYC

Reaction score
Great scene with Rosetti stumbling naked down the hall grunting like a bull. Something tells me he's going to come looking for Nucky next week.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows that if you want a hit done right you need to bring in some Sicilians straight from the old country.

tullytra

Reaction score
Like people have said before, it's getting toward too many characters: no Rosetti, Chalky, Van Alden nor Rothstein this go 'round. It was odd seeing Jimmy's mom go after a look-alike. She's really lost running the whore-house and losing Jimmy. Was there more than just the one time in college between she and Jimmy? Also, maybe I'm just forgetting, but what happened to Nucky's stepdaughter's polio?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wonder if Teddy saw his **** mother and Mr.Slater go at it. I don't mind the sub plots. A little tie in and a few killings would be nice, however.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Like people have said before, it's getting toward too many characters: no Rosetti, Chalky, Van Alden nor Rothstein this go 'round. It was odd seeing Jimmy's mom go after a look-alike. She's really lost running the whore-house and losing Jimmy. Was there more than just the one time in college between she and Jimmy?

They're really putting too much attention on Margaret's bullshit. She was fun when she was tough and resourceful, helping out Nucky and enjoying the good life for herself. Her turn towards sanctimonious twat is boring.
Also, maybe I'm just forgetting, but what happened to Nucky's stepdaughter's polio?

They never followed up on that one, after the end of the last season. Thank god for that.

billsayers

Reaction score
Episode was boring but I can see how they are setting up obstacles for Nucky...the Attorney General and Gyp Rosetti will be gunning for him the rest of this season.

I really do wish the writers realize what a waste of screen time Margaret and her causes are...I doubt any of the viewers give a flying **** about her and her crusade.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What a boring episode.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yup. I am interested in seeing how Nucky screws over Remus and the attorney general though.

gretchen mol has some delicious looking nips.

Last edited:

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yup. I am interested in seeing how Nucky screws over Remus and the attorney general though.
gretchen mol has some delicious looking nips.

:nodding: I agree with everything you said.

"Can you break a hundred?" lol Great line. I also wonder if Gillian and Jimmy did the deed more than just the one time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads