• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blogs and stores

wallabeing

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr bunbury
Of the product-centric blogs, hyr is my favorite - although over time I've gotten tired of the endless stream of new products. I definitely respect what they're doing, but it's too materialist for me and it fuels an endless cycle of buying stuff and then getting dissatisfied with it for obscure reasons.

I still like The Sartorialist and Garance Dore because they're inspiring, and I like youmightfindyourself.com and youhavebrokentheinternet.com the same way. Less product, more photography....

I agree. I wish h(y)r would be less product-centric on the daily blog and maybe include other features. A lot of the little write-ups seem very materialistic and all about "must buys" that are like $300.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ry'on
Are they? They will post anything they are fed and have no opinion and no taste? Not only do they get heaps of details wrong, there is no consistency. Most of the time it looks like the saw a whole collection and picked the actual worst looking thing from it, just to be more out there and "fashion" as they say. ...
Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds. It would be easier to take your criticisms seriously if your own blog weren't guilty of the same. And seriously, you need to start proof-reading your blog posts. I visit your site regularly to look at the pretty pictures, but I have given up actually reading any posts with your byline. A random sample from the past week:
This fall I’ve selected just a handful of items I plan on purchasing and hope to stick to it after getting a bit of an out of control in the spring.
The fall is on it’s way and just as much I as I looked forward to summer, I am now looking forward to this cool weather.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mwilliamspr
I just want to say how much I hate that Continuous Lean guy.
Man people really do hate that guy. I've read so many times on blogs the hate that exists for ACL. Honest question, but why?

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn't he into PR and heavily viewed as a sell out for an affiliation with J. Crew, or am I thinking about another blogger?

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dunno, when he redid the blog he added J Crew links and they are now a 'partner' or something. I really like selectism, sure they have some dumb ass picks, but they give a smattering of different looks, styles and items while keeping it all relevent. They also don't go overboard on stuff like totes and sock / hat choices. Also, some pretty dope news here: http://www.sns-herning.com/webshop.aspx The SNS Herning webshop is up. Sweet knits for all! I sent them an email to ask if they take off the 25% Danish VAT for international orders, will post back how it goes.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
Isn't he into PR and heavily viewed as a sell out for an affiliation with J. Crew, or am I thinking about another blogger?

He is into PR. I think that bloggers, and especially product oriented bloggers, tread a very fine line. It's stupid to think of them as journalists in the traditional sense, though.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really enjoy seeing all the blogs. Mine is DEFINITELY not as nice as other ones that you guys have listed but I try to provide an insight on the Eyewear Industry. You guys can also ask me questions and I will post answers on the blog. I wish I had the computer skills to make a more interesting site, but thats all I can do with a free service
smile.gif
Enjoy! http://cityconnectionstyle.blogspot.com/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads