• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blazer with jeans?

parsonsdb

Reaction score
Would any of you wear a Blazer with jeans? I was just wondering what the general thought on this one is. If yes where would you wear it?

GatorStyle

Reaction score
I've done that many times, though always in the same way. I basically "borrowed" (OK, stole) the idea from the pages of GQ- if you're a loyal reader, you've probably seen a number of instances in which various people- especially designers, like Tom Ford, Helmut Lang, Hedi Slimane, etc.- wear that look. I thought it looked great, so I use it now and then.

Like them, I wear a black blazer over a white button-down, french-cuff dress shirt, open at the neck. I wear that over my favorite pair of Diesel jeans, with Kenneth Cole ankle boots.

The look is actually more versatile than you might think. It can be worn to all sorts of dinners and parties (not real formal, of course), to go shopping downtown, on dates, etc. Looks very stylish and cool, but not too fussy or formal.

PConsultant

Reaction score
That GQ story was "4 Cheers for Our Avant-Garde" from the September 2001 issue (page 304) and featured pics of and comments from Hedi Slimane, Marc Jacobs, Helmut Lang, and Tom Ford.

They all look pretty cool in their blazer, white shirt, and jeans combos but (as others have noted) their comments are almost all hilariously affected.

Check it out if you can - as they show, it's a great look and is eye-catching. I personally might wear it to a party or an evening out with friends, but not anywhere that required me to wear an actual suit or formal wear.

Hellbent

Reaction score
I would not wear a black blazer. A navy one with jeans can look ok I guess. Just make sure that you look like you are dressing down with the jeans, not up with the blazer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads