• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Blackberry Torch

UpperWestie

Reaction score
500x_toooorch_12.jpg
500x_toooorch_4.jpg
500x_toooorch_11.jpg
While it LOOKS better than the current line-up, I'm afraid that this might be a half-assed touch screen, and a half-assed keyboard (given the trackball is maybe higher up than usual relative to the keyboard). I'm still going to be forced to carry both an iPhone and a work BBerry.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks good to me. I hate the trackball though. Why didn't they go with touch screen?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks terrible and the screen resolution is awful. Not even close to an iPhone/Android killer.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
have they finally managed to make a berry whose web connectivity wasn't total shite yet?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
And on AT&T. Is BB ******* stupid? The main reason many folks have not gone iPhone is because AT&T has the exclusive. If they don't put this out on Verizon they need to have their heads checked. IMO, these days, people are more loyal to their bandwidth than any particular brand/model of phone.

UpperWestie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
And on AT&T. Is BB ******* stupid? The main reason many folks have not gone iPhone is because AT&T has the exclusive. If they don't put this out on Verizon they need to have their heads checked. IMO, these days, people are more loyal to their bandwidth than any particular brand/model of phone.

Good point. Launching this on ATT is marsupialed. ATT IPhone users will not switch, and Verizon/TMobile Bberry users will not switch to ATT to get one.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This phone was old, last year. It's a sad attempt by BB to stave off defections to Androids and iPhones.

(On a side note, I'm pretty ******* pissed at Verizon right now. The new Froyo release to the Droid apparently has tethering and hotspot disabled because, according to their genius PR department, the phone can't support the technology! WTF?!?!?)

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
that sucks, even with the froyo update my free tethering is working still

Darksid3

Reaction score
IMO, its an overall fail in the technology advancement department. What on that phone has not been out for years?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They need a new browser and a new way to navigate on the web asap.

The little trackpad is fine for writing emails and navigation the menus, but it's horrible for anything you have to point at.

UpperWestie

Reaction score
I'm starting to think more and more that RIMM is going to slowly disappear like Apple did in the 90's.

The OS is unreasonably inflexible to 3rd parties, their in-house designed hardware is consistently behind the curve, and they refuse to let other hardware manufacturers run their OS. Its a recipe for disaster.

The enterprise community can only hold up RIM for so long under the "it aint broken so we don't have to change hardware" business model. Its going to be a slow bleed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Staff online

Forum statistics