• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best way to protect myself and the GF when police are useless?

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imhotep
at least some responsibility should be on your gf to find a way to disappear from his radar. what has she done to achieve this so far?

x2

after reading 6 pages the guy sounds like a bullshitter. Maybe he will off himself. Let's hope, now if he is as crazy as she thinks then if you beat him up(which fat people are haaard to knock out with all that blubber on their face) then he will come back harder. At that point your screwed. If you see him and he pulls a knive and no available resources to defend yourself i'd say run then call the cops. She knows where he lives i'm sure. Have the family ship you a ball bat. I could not imagine not being able to own a pistol or a knife. That's crazy talk..

HedgeFundHotSHot

Reaction score
I suggest you read up on the proper ettiquete for taking off tailored clothing and other delicate accessories before a fist fight.

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Eason suddenly disappears from teh forum we will all be wondering about the contents of this thread...

I think you've got some good advice here. Usually there is somewhat of a leadup before a person goes utterly apeshit and kills or maims. If that happens you would have a much better story to take to the cops. In the meantime: watch your back, buy a bat for beside the bed, and have your GF change her number and move.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i concur. move to the US already. what the **** are you doing there mizungo?

Originally Posted by Teger
lets plan out elaborate scenarios!!!

I would honestly dump the girl, you're about due for one of your break up threads

or act like a normal human being and: a. inform the police, b. don't let your girlfriend stay at her place for awhile (because he doesn't know where you live), c. make sure your apartment is secure with strong locks, front and back, and d. buy a bat

trying to jump the guy is just asking for trouble. I would also consult with the embassy on this.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could you get a pair of nunchucks?

ashpool

Reaction score
How come nobody has mentioned.... settling things nonviolently? Maybe he's just misunderstood... Just talk to him. Maybe he'll become your friend.

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if you would have read all pages then you would see someone has suggested it. I would start at the easiest level like phone conversation. If he sounds like a bullshitter which i think he is then you have nothing to worry about. I had a guy do this to me once so i called him bluff and showed up to a concert he was at and he didnt say **** to me. Just do whatever you think is right

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
got to watch a fight years ago between a friend and an ass who whipped out his nunchucks. idiot was trying to intimidate my friend with his nunchuck moves and ended up hitting himself before my friend finally finished him off.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I mean, it honestly depends on what you see in this relationship. If it's really serious and you could settle down with her, then yea, explore your options. If you realize it's just another relationship and not much different than the ones before or the ones after, maybe it's not a big deal.

Most importantly, i wouldn't listen to all the e-tough guys here. You're not a "*****" if you don't man up and fight the guy or some bullshit. This is the real world where there are almost always consequences for your actions. Just like if this guy beats you up real bad and stabs you and sends you to the hospital, you'll do everything in your power to get even, which for you would be trying to get him arrested and put away. If you go after him then chances are he'll retaliate by not only being protective about his ex but also have a score to settle with you. Or he could just try to have you arrested and put in jail/deported.

If you are really serious about this girl to where it's not just you trying to be macho or not wanting to feel weak, then maybe you should explore things like private protection, embassy talk, see if you or your girl can set up a situation where he would try to come after you and have a police officer within reach so he can witness the guy doing something, or something else.

I do agree that i'm not exactly sure what this guy will really do as girls think a lot of people are dangerous and a lot of crazy creepy stalker guys are just that, not hard guys who would try to beat/stab you into the hospital.

Still, if you haven't been dating her all that long for years and you feel that you'll probably meet someone else, then it might not be worth it. I dont' think it'd make you less of a man either. If you get put in the hospital and then you and her break up for unrelated reasons a few months later, it'll be pretty silly

il ciclista

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i agree with this...i asked my wife what she would do and she said dump her ass haha but if you really care for her then start at the least violent possible way and go from there like i said earlier if you beat him up then he's going to just come back to top you up ie bring his friends..if anything it will show who's the more mature. I am usually pro ultra violence but this situation is kind of hairy being you are the ALF in the country. Maybe you are over analyzing it? Try to find out a little more about this guy...it would be funny to make mutual friends without him knowing it..then start stalking his ass hahaha

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Good advice in the last few pages, thanks guys. I'll have the GF change her phone # if she keeps getting bothered for a start.

Kunk, I'm here because it's where my brother lives.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SalahMau
Run

Say, you wouldn't happen to be a fat Chinese bully, would you?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Good advice in the last few pages, thanks guys. I'll have the GF change her phone # if she keeps getting bothered for a start. Kunk, I'm here because it's where my brother lives.
Does she entertain his threats and stalking? She should probably completely ignore him and not even respond. Having the phone number changed is good. I'd have her gather a bunch of clothes and just stay at your place for like 2-3 weeks. Hopefully, that guy will have tried to go by her house looking for her/you but not find anything. If he does that and can't call her for like 2 weeks (assuming he tries to come over 2-3 times a week in that span) then maybe he'd give up or at least slow his roll. Just wear him out. He can't keep that kind of passion and stalking up for like a month if he can't even get in contact with either of you

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did someone say gun yet? My vote is a gun.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho

They never really were weapons, were they?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads