• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Burger Ever!

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
http://www.hollyeats.com/LouisLunchFL.htm This place is fantastic. It has been around since 1928 and looks straight out of a movie. The burgers are really good (as are the onion rings, fries, shakes and malts) and the prices are really cheap. $2.50 for a double cheeseburger and $3.75 for a doubel steak burger $1.75 for lg onion rings and $1.65 for a large shake/malt. It has the kind of local, hidden treasure charm that you really can't match. Anyone who is coming by gainesville on I75, PM me and we'll grab some food here. It's great. Best of all, it's hidden in this bad part of gainesville (20 years ago it was actually in downtown till the downtown area moved) and frequented pretty much just by locals.

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneblood
Uncontested:
The Elvis Burger
1/2 pound patty with peanut butter, fried banana, bacon, and the regular dressings. It's delicious and should be available at many burger places. The Vortex in Atlanta makes the best one though.

I don't think that Elvis Burger is on the menu at Vortex any longer. At least, I don't recall seeing it. They do have some monstrosity called the Cardiac Arrest or Double Bypass or something that's two grilled cheese sandwiches, one or two patties, bacon, and a fried egg. Maybe other stuff, too. I go there about once every three months and I have never seen it ordered.

I'm partial to their Jerk Burger with fried zucchini as my side. Their sweet potato fries are also good. Everyone but me seems to love their tots, but the concept of tots generally is kind of gross to me.

Not that impressed with Five Guys, either. I'd rather go to Steak n Shake. I do like that they have carbonated water in the coke fountain and lemons on the side, and I have only been once.

I like to make my own from ground buffalo with "Austrian Swiss" (Emmenthaler) cheese from the international farmer's market, whole wheat buns, Vidalia onions, garden tomatoes, and German mustard in a toothpaste tube (Thomy).

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lawman
Shady Glen is in Manchester. Here is a link I just found showing how they do it. The taste is incredible, and very unique.

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=14

Thanks. I was thinking, confusingly enough, of the town of Rocky Hill. Which is sort of the opposite of a Shady Glen, but is very similar in terms of scansion. Now, to get my wife to detour to Shady Glen on our next trip north...

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been mentioned or not, but Mo's in North Beach, San Francisco makes a great burger. One of my faves.

Jenaimarr

Reaction score
High end burgers seem to be experiencing a renaissance at the moment with well-known/respected chefs jumping on the gourmet burger wagon (not that I'm complaining at all).

Went to burger night last night at Grace (Chef Neal Fraser's restaurant on Beverly Bl). That was one mean-ass burger. Fleur de sel bun was a bit too bready for my tastes and ill-proportioned to the burger.. but hot-damn, that dry aged Highland beef and and truffle cheese was the bees-knees. I think good aged beef is probably the single-most important ingredient in elevating a burger to the upper eschelons of awesomness. I highly reccommend going to Grace on a sunday night to experience the burger paired with a caramel tequila milkshake.

I've also had one of the most decadent steaks there too. Aged filet of beef topped with morcilla (English blood sausage) and dripping with gobs of melted Ossau-Iraty (ewe's milk cheese). It's a heavenly heart-attack just waiting to happen.

Nahmeanz

Reaction score
Five Guys opened their first location here in MA and I tried it tonight. It sucked. It seemed fresh but the meat tasted very bland.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I honestly believe the best burger I ate was last week at marcellra in the meat packing distric in NYC on gansvoort st.
It is in the lunch menu and is only 10.00
I defy anyone who says otherwise.

jqbomb

Reaction score
Here's a shot of my favorite, from Ray's Hell Burger in Arlington, VA.

My usual order is grilled "recommended' which is roughly medium rare, with grilled onions, bacon, and gruyere cheese.

_DSC1464.jpg

sleekblackroadster

Reaction score
i love making bugers at home!

i'm on a jamaican jerk burger trip lately. smokey and spicy and sweet.

with a chipotle mayo oh it is so good.

bon appetite just had a burger issue with some lovely burger photography too that is my frequent toilet reading material!

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alter
Really? I loves me some Mos!

ph.jpg

Yeah, I always look forward to Mos at the end of the year. I hear that they combined with Mister Donut, no?

andyw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
I honestly believe the best burger I ate was last week at marcellra in the meat packing distric in NYC on gansvoort st.
It is in the lunch menu and is only 10.00
I defy anyone who says otherwise.

Before they closed, Florent on Gansvoort St. made a pretty righteous burger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads