• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seeing as the HC affiliate thread is locked down, someone suggested an appreciation thread should be started, so I've started the HC appreciation thread to share pics of a few of my favourite ties and discuss what new designs we might like to see in the future, ask HC questions etc. Anyway, I encourage HC fans to post to the new thread.

Over and out,
PoP.

Is hc no longer an affiliate?

Thanks for starting this, much appreciated mate. Correct blah I'm no longer an affiliate, got to the point where I'm pretty well established here, too many other similar affiliates have popped up in the last 6 months and it's just too expensive with the collapse of the AUD. I'll still be around though, might even have to get off ****** now and post some fits from time to time.

herringbonePete

Reaction score
Gents
Need a pair of cheap boat-shoes to wear, you guessed it - with no socks. Out after school to Milo cricket, on the deck, down to the beach.
Will take some abuse.

No large amounts of money need change hands. Where in a suburban shopping mall, or in the conservative business dress can I pick up a pair.

Blue (or brown) uppers, white/brown slim sole in the Topsider moccasin style with laces. (Not with chunky soles, as in the Timberlands you see people walking around in).

I don't care if they are from Target and cost 20 dollars. Infact, I could buy 2 pairs.
I see that Kmart have a West Coast pair for $60 which I think is a bit suspect. There is another pair but the styling is a bit pretentious.

I see I could get a pair of Lee Coopers from SportDirect for $18 plus shipping.

Suggestions?

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're going real low you can even get a pair from Rivers and theyre 40% off everything at the moment.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just received my dark green 90wool/ 10cash Uniqlo x Lemaire trousers in the mail from the sale @ $80.

The fabric is a really thick flannel that despite blended with 10% cashmere is still a bit scratchy and nowhere near as smooth as my pair of buttery VBC flannel trousers (which was also ~$80.from Japan).
But in terms of fit I think it is pretty close to what I like: Good rise (hitting right on my navel), comfortably slim around the arse and thighs, tapering to a pretty neat ~17cm leg hem.
The waist is a little loose as I am currently a size 30 at the slimmest I've ever been and the trousers are size 31. but I'll just need to pull the side tabs in a bit and since it's winter gear I will be wearing thicker twill shirts and thicker undershirts anyway.
Off to pay $6 tomorrow to get the pants shortened with blind stitching.
I've got VBC flannels and they are really nice and buttery. Hard to believe that uniglo has high rise though???

And $6 for hemming?? where - is this your mum?

17cm cuff opening - wtf? they yoga tights?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got VBC flannels and they are really nice and buttery. Hard to believe that uniglo has high rise though???

And $6 for hemming?? where - is this your mum?

17cm cuff opening - wtf? they yoga tights?

This is a Uniqlo collab with Lemaire a Frenchie who once headed Hermes so the styling is a bit different.
Uniqlo comes with free hemming and +$6 for blind stitching.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

killua

Reaction score

Thanks for starting this, much appreciated mate. Correct blah I'm no longer an affiliate, got to the point where I'm pretty well established here, too many other similar affiliates have popped up in the last 6 months and it's just too expensive with the collapse of the AUD. I'll still be around though, might even have to get off ****** now and post some fits from time to time.

Hi HC, just wanted to say that I'll be getting my first tie from your site this Christmas. Been following the Aus thread for a bit and that's influence me to try your ties out.

Even if you're established in SF, there's always new customers like me coming in and with the poor AUD I can imagine more locals would be attracted to Aussie suppliers. So it's good that you'll still be around.

BeClassic

Reaction score
Hi, guys. Boxing day is on the way and I'm looking for a pair of shoes so did American Tailor and Double monk do some sales on last year?

andrewnguyen

Reaction score

Snagged at the Herringbone sale - C&J Lowndes in espresso suede.

7516d6f89d5345135929f46ab5ce8438.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Those are lovely shoes CD. Are they in F width or E width if you don't mind me asking?

Cheers.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of ties, these are my go to:

- Black grenadine bambino
- Navy grenadine bambino
- Navy and white stripe
- Navy with white pin dots

What are some other mega boring numbers I could rotate in there? I have a red but it's a little loud.

Contango

Reaction score

Gents
Need a pair of cheap boat-shoes to wear, you guessed it - with no socks. Out after school to Milo cricket, on the deck, down to the beach.
Will take some abuse.

No large amounts of money need change hands. Where in a suburban shopping mall, or in the conservative business dress can I pick up a pair.

Blue (or brown) uppers, white/brown slim sole in the Topsider moccasin style with laces. (Not with chunky soles, as in the Timberlands you see people walking around in).

I don't care if they are from Target and cost 20 dollars. Infact, I could buy 2 pairs.
I see that Kmart have a West  Coast pair for $60 which I think is a bit suspect. There is another pair but the styling is a bit pretentious.

I see I could get a pair of Lee Coopers from SportDirect for $18 plus shipping.

Suggestions?

The Iconic do a good range in boat shoes having just trawled through several shopping centres without any luck myself.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of ties, these are my go to:

- Black grenadine bambino
- Navy grenadine bambino
- Navy and white stripe
- Navy with white pin dots

What are some other mega boring numbers I could rotate in there? I have a red but it's a little loud.

My HC burgundy grenadine grossa is my go to tie of late, not as loud as as a red tie. With a sky blue shirt and grey suit it rounds off a professional urbane cultivated look as opposed to standard APS, Canbrera MIB look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads