• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CD, in my opinion a dark green, herringbone or maybe even a brown would be ideal. This is because a more severe colour (navy, etc) would work with a suit, but not so much with jeans. On the other hand a colour that's subdued, but not overly formal, would be more appropriate - makes a suit a little less conservative business dress, but not overly so, still fine with jeans, etc.

Love to see pics when it's done.

Definitely the green one:

1. It's such a rich deep shade of delicious green thats bound to attract compliments from the ladies and scorn from the lesser male pleb coworkers.
2. You dont see many green overcoats do you?

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My feet have changed size in the last year, hence, I'm looking to get rid of a few pairs of AS Exclusives and C&J Handgrades in a 7 UK.

First on my list is a 7 UK Herrick in Dark Brown Suede, last 109, lasted shoe trees, two wears. If anybody in Sydney is interested, please let me know, I'd be keen to avoid postage.

Sorry if this is not allowed, I'll delete if required.

Didn't ur shoe size go down due to weight loss?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Definitely the green one:

1. It's such a rich deep shade of delicious green thats bound to attract compliments from the ladies and scorn from the lesser male pleb coworkers.
2. You dont see many green overcoats do you?

I do like that shade of green, I must admit. That lady that matters has already enthused over it. The beta males at work probably do not care enough to even bother with scorn.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that is a great shade of green, unless an equally compelling burgundy is an option then green for sure.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vue de Monde and Movida are both exceptional!

I also like the random vego places in Brunswick. : )

Not that bloody Vegie bar is it?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

Will be traveling down to Melbourne towards the end of June/early July (just in time for 'Xmas', huzzah).

Although there is no shortage of things to do in Melbourne that are menswear related, I am more interested in specific must-do activities on everyone's individual recommendation. My partner isn't hugely invested in matters that are exclusively sartorial, so restaurants/galleries/nightlife/mandatory local landmarks are all fair game.

You could try our orchestral concert at the Melbourne Recital Centre on Sunday 5 July. Even if you're not a huge fan of classical music, I assure you that Mahler's Symphony no. 1 is a pretty amazing experience when heard "live". And the MRC is most definitely one of the world's great concert halls.

http://www.rmhfoundation.org.au/corpusmedicorum

Didn't ur shoe size go down due to weight loss?

No. He finally got around to clipping his toenails.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just checked my bank statement. Last purchase was made on 9th March. 2 months of no clothing purchases. But will admit spent $370 in alterations during this time. Maybe time for that Howard Yount grey flannel suit !
This was the last purchase actually.

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wiwt:
Red uniqlo jocks
Tmlewin pink and blue mini check shirt
Herringbone blue with navy dot knit tie
Uniqlo purple crew neck merino jumper
The suit company 6 in 1 suit set odd jacket and trousers mode (navy light tweed jacket and brown trousers)
Random socks with a hole in one of them
Pediwear Paragon something black caps.
Club master folding polarised grey gradient.
A cheeky grin.

Last edited:

ruzzi

Reaction score
Another new-to-sydney question: Any SF-approved dry cleaners for suits/sports jacket?? conservative business dress or Inner West would be great!

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have your new Tianzi shoes arrived yet, @Coxsackie ?
Unfortunately they weren't ready in time for me to pick them up (I was in Shanghai last week).

Bonita has told me they will ship to Australia when the shoes are ready. Could be another 2-3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads