• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the Selleys but with the good stuff you do both sides/edges and let it get sticky apart for around 20 minutes before clamping them together.

Or you could do what PoP does and go to the hardware store and ask for a $2 grip of Tarzans tube, the stick that stuffs.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sunday nights.
0.jpg

Gabs

Reaction score
Don't post often but I noticed that Herman Brothers & Co has been mentioned lately. Thought I'd add something to the mix. The recent experience I had with Herman having commissioned a challenging DB suit and even a DB Jacket for my better half was nothing short of impressive.

Absolutely loved the whole process and the finished product!!

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure about the Selleys but with the good stuff you do both sides/edges and let it get sticky apart for around 20 minutes before clamping them together.

Or you could do what PoP does and go to the hardware store and ask for a $2 grip of Tarzans tube, the stick that stuffs.

Ptth you amateur - Tarzan's grip is rubbish. You're better off spending a bit more and getting shockproof superglue. You can get from Coles don't even need to try and find an MIA "team member" at Bunnings... The shockproof stuff seems to hold up well on shoe soles/topys, I've never had any issues with them coming off again.

Best method is (gentle) G-clamp or even bulldog clip on both sides if you have enough space to attach, clamp with glue over night. Or if you're out bush just tie the shoelaces around the vamp/sole while the glue sets.

#menswear survival skills.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matt, name and shame the brand!

He already mentioned it in the original post, JH - it's Common Projects.

Matt - I think that you should take the boots to a cobbler, get him to stick the soles back on, then sell the CP faux-hiking boots on Grailed, go to your local hiking/camping/outdoor shop (of which Tasmania has many) and get yourself a good pair of hiking boots that are proper whole-cuts with soles that won't come unglued after a few years!

Edited to add: If you want a similar look, but which are half the price of the CPs and which are actual, high-quality hiking boots, then look for old-style Vasque or Scarpa boots (not the modern mesh stuff but the full-leather boots) or Fracap boots.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To any DE shavers out there I have a 50 pack of Red Persona blades I want to off load. $20 for them. The only reason I'm parting with them is i have a new AS-D2 and find that their not as effective with them as my prior EJ DE89 PM if interested.

Top Change

Reaction score
Last edited:

Styleternity

Reaction score
Can anybody point me in the direction of a decent domestic vendor of brushes?

Specifically, for knitwear. Qld is finally crisp enough for one chance at wearing knitwear and the piling on most of my gear is obscene.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anybody point me in the direction of a decent domestic vendor of brushes?

Specifically, for knitwear. Qld is finally crisp enough for one chance at wearing knitwear and the piling on most of my gear is obscene. 

I have a EEZY fabric comb which I've had for years which Mrs GF picked up from Spotlight highly recommend.

iSurg

Reaction score
Hey, all. For the denimheads out there, anything less than 12 ounces is probably viewed as sacrilege. However, I tend to overheat easily, and have been looking for a pair of lightweight selvedge to get me through warmer days.

Picked up a pair of these while on my trip in Toronto. They are the bomb. Highly recommend to size up, but they wear amazingly with a more cerulean tone than indigo. Will post some photos later on, but they have worked their way well into my weekend and weekday evenings rotation. Very comfortable anywhere from 18 to 30 deg days.

http://nakedandfamousdenim.com/2015/02/02/superskinnyguy-belgium-linensupima-cotton-selvedge/

Last edited:

YudanGu

Reaction score
Looks great mate. Some of my mates and I visited Kaz a couple of weeks back. The guy's extremely knowledgeable and passionate about what he does. Here's a write up of our experience interviewing him on our blog:

http://thehounds.com.au/kazuna-tailors-an-interview/
I got same feeling like you!I still waiting for some winter stuff from him.I will write a Chinese version interview about Kazuna later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads