• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I should add, there's also some repair work necessary on one of the temples, and the guy said he'd ordinarily charge less for the condition my specs were otherwise in.

acinod

Reaction score
acinod, another suggesting, Loake Ledbury in Black instead of the Strand, as the Strand in Burgundy is gorgeous.

i would recommend a brown calf Buckingham or Burgandy Strand next, suede can wait for later.

I would also recommend Pediwear, they offer 15% off Loakes at all time after you purchase the first pair.

Now I want to get the Strand in Burgundy. I'm a bit worried about the Loake Ledbury though since I don't know my size and I was hoping to start a Capital Last collection.

Considering I only have the Black Aldwych now and I won't be buying another pair of shoes until next year, what should I get as my 2nd dress shoe for daily rotation with the Aldwych?

I've narrowed my options down to the Burgundy Strand, Dark Brown Buckingham or another pair of black shoes. Dress code at work is Aussie business formal - navy/charcoal suit, shirt, black shoes and tie when seeing clients.

Also Aunty doesn't matter what shoes I get now as long as they're new.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now I want to get the Strand in Burgundy. I'm a bit worried about the Loake Ledbury though since I don't know my size and I was hoping to start a Capital Last collection.

Considering I only have the Black Aldwych now and I won't be buying another pair of shoes until next year, what should I get as my 2nd dress shoe for daily rotation with the Aldwych?

I've narrowed my options down to the Burgundy Strand, Dark Brown Buckingham or another pair of black shoes. Dress code at work is Aussie business formal - navy/charcoal suit, shirt, black shoes and tie when seeing clients.

Also Aunty doesn't matter what shoes I get now as long as they're new.
I have found that in terms of utility, dark brown is the go. My dark brown shoes are the ones worn the most, bar none.

For a second dress shoe in rotation, I would probably go for adelaides or captoes rather than brogued wingtips.

Yowzer

Reaction score
Strand in Burgundy!
+1 to the Strand. Burgundy or Brown would work equally well doing double duty, especially with formal grey/charcoal pants or even dark denim blue jeans for casual Friday. Being a semi-brogue, it would have enough pizazz to be both formal and casual depending on your dress. A full wingtip would be more casual than a semi, in my book.

acinod

Reaction score
OK I'm going to get the Strands in Burgundy from Herring! Now to find a burgundy belt, I've actually never worn burgundy shoes before so I have no idea what to expect. Should be fun. Any recommendations on an inexpensive burgundy belt is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Yowzer

Reaction score
Herring has belts too... happy shopping
smile.gif
Their 20% discount just lapsed a week ago. But I recall seeing another 10% still active. I think it's TWEET10 but check their twitter site to be sure.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something you wrote on SF drove me to anger.

I have that effect on people.

I got a merino vneck sweater from Uniqlo for my birthday. Its a little baggy, hopefully it will come good after a hot wash.

Does anyone know a place that sells wool sweaters in closer sizes? (40, 42, 44 etc).

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now to find a burgundy belt, I've actually never worn burgundy shoes before so I have no idea what to expect.

Call me a heretic, but I can't be bothered matching my belt to my shoes. I have a black belt, a chocolate brown belt, and a brown suede belt and that's it.

When I wear my burgundy/tan/chilli/chestnut/beechnut/etc shoes, I just wear the chocolate brown belt. No-one has noticed yet or, if they have, they haven't said anything.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Now to find a burgundy belt, I've actually never worn burgundy shoes before so I have no idea what to expect. 

Call me a heretic, but I can't be bothered matching my belt to my shoes. I have a black belt, a chocolate brown belt, and a brown suede belt and that's it.

When I wear my burgundy/tan/chilli/chestnut/beechnut/etc shoes, I just wear the chocolate brown belt. No-one has noticed yet or, if they have, they haven't said anything. 
but I'm sitting sneering and condescendingly laughing at you right now.

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

way to not be the best version of yourself.
just stirring

I get a lot of wear out of Equus burgundy, matches well with oxblood and burgundy and museum calf variants. Highly recommend looking their way for a burgundy or navy belt.

Carmina also sell a nice burgundy belt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics