• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
Alas for the public school system of Australia, no bells, a few whistles....

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I don't think that's fair.

The Upright Man

Reaction score

Have worn my O&J popover two days in a row. Love it. Thank you, Rob.

Speaking of popovers, I received mine today and love it too. However, I wanted some feedback on the fit.

What does everyone think about the waist? It is a bit loose (actually looser than it appears in the photo) but I suppose that's the look... I wanted to avoid putting darts in the back unless it's absolutely necessary.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sleeves look a bit long?

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Speaking of popovers, I received mine today and love it too. However, I wanted some feedback on the fit.

What does everyone think about the waist? It is a bit loose (actually looser than it appears in the photo) but I suppose that's the look... I wanted to avoid putting darts in the back unless it's absolutely necessary.

Dang! that looks really nice.. i wasnt sold at first but am definitely ordering one now

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not too sure sizing down would be wise; the chest looks just fitting and I think If he TUM went down it would be too tight.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This sort of thing is personal preference to some extent - if it were me, I wouldn't size down as I think that it would then be too small for you. As it is (in my eyes, anyway), the waist is reasonably slim without being too tight - you still have a little bit of room to move. As others have said, I think that if you size down, you will end up with the chest being too tight.

The placket's meant to be reasonably long (ie longer than a polo shirt) so I don't think that's a reason to go down a size, either.

If you do end up having it slimmed down, take it to an alterations place that will take it in at the sides, rather than having the shirt darted, for two reasons. Firstly, darts look feminine (to my mind, anyway) as they are far more common on ladies' shirts; and secondly, if you only take in the back (which is the effect that darting has, as it only takes fabric out of the back) you can throw off the balance of the shirt.

Just my $0.02c worth.

EL84

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about Mantorii shoes?

http://www.mantorii.com/index.php/shoes.html

Look pretty good for the money.

Hi,

I'm by no means an expert on shoes but I thought I'd let you know my experience with them.

I have 2 pairs which I'm very happy with and I'm having a 3rd and 4th pair made. I also have some Alfred Sargent Appleby's and Dumfries. The leather Mantorii use is a bit softer than my Alfred Sargent's and has more visible grain. The stitching is excellent as is the overall attention to detail. The broguing isn't as fine as a lot of English shoes but I have no complaints, it's still very good.
The fit of my shoes is excellent, the best shoes I own in terms of fit.
The staff are excellent. They respond to emails extremely quickly and are very helpful.

In my opinion they are worth the money and I'm very happy with them.

Here's a close up. I've been wearing them quite a bit and they are holding up very well.

I hope I could be of some help.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah it should be relaxed I think, and the chest and shoulders you don't have much room at all to go down. To me, a popover should be worn a bit more rustic and perhaps with the way you're wearing it your comparing it to your dress shirts? The way to wear it to me, is rumpled, untucked and with the sleeves rolled up. So it needs a certain amount of room to do that successfully, without being loose of course. A happy medium I guess. I'd give it a few washes before I even think about doing anything at the least.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever been to Seoul?

Considering a quick (1 week - 10 days) holiday in one place (ie just one city, I hate rushed traveling.

Was considering Japan, again, but Seoul's a bit cheaper to fly to.

Other options are basically anywhere in Australia, SE Asia, NZ, or even India.

Likely on my own, though.

cgo

Reaction score
Definitely recommended. I spent 10 days in Seoul with my wife around April last year and loved it....definitely would love to go back

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's enjoyable about it?

streetminimal

Reaction score

What's enjoyable about it?

Went to Seoul for two weeks in December. Fantastic place, great culture, the people there are really nice and all around fun country.

Food - both at restaurants and on the streets - is amazing and cheap. Make sure you go have some charcoal bbq and try ddeokbokki out on the streets at the vendors
Drinking - Beer costs like $2 and Soju costs like $1.50

Girls - nuff said. Walk around Ewha women's university, there's some cute eye candy. #notcreeping

Fashion/Shopping - Korean people are very stylish and they have really nice shopping down in Myeongdong and Namdaemun if you're looking at buying local goods. Insadong is also quite nice to walk down, it's also where you get souvenirs. Hongdae is the 'student' area and there's lot of cheap places to eat and shop there.

Going back to the clothes, the cut is really slim because most korean people (asian people in general) are quite slender. Can't remember where to go but just walk around, there's heaps of shopping places including a Uniqlo around there.

Night life - Gangnam is where the nightlife is, the clubs here are more upmarket compared to Hongdae. You pay something like $20 to get in and you get two free drinks IIRC. Hongdae entry is around $10.

Subway - easy to follow, they have english signs and the path ways are marked very clearly. The other is that travelling on the subway is really cheap, like 600 won (0.60 cents) for a stop. Buy a T-Mobile card when you get there if you're staying for a week or more.

Taxi - They are dirt cheap compared here, I've probably paid at most $15 for a trip which was Gangnam to Hongdae (one end of Seoul to another).

If you're flying in to Seoul Incheon Airport, take the Airport Express (AREX), it costs like $8.

I much preferred South Korea to Japan, only because there's more of an energetic vibe there and the nightlife is much better IMO. Korean people drink heaps as well and they go hard. Japan is a super tranquil and 'zen' place to be but nah, not my place really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members