• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chatelet

Reaction score
Hmm what do you mean by 'sloppy'?
Because they are lightweight, the fabric is constantly rumpled and does not drape. In my mind that makes them more casual and less dressy. But they are at least comfortable because they are so thin!

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly the Uniqlo vintage chinos are great, sit high, roomy enough for me and are 100% cotton (I think).

Navy and khaki colours are available, but I also picked up a green pair for ~flair~.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly the Uniqlo vintage chinos are great, sit high, roomy enough for me and are 100% cotton (I think).

Navy and khaki colours are available, but I also picked up a green pair for ~flair~.

Oh I have them and like them too, but I prefer a finer fabric and some higher-end finishing (split waistband etc.) for dressier occasions. Uniqlo chinos I reserve for Fridays and weekends.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair enough!

hschrapel

Reaction score
Oh I have them and like them too, but I prefer a finer fabric and some higher-end finishing (split waistband etc.) for dressier occasions. Uniqlo chinos I reserve for Fridays and weekends.
You'll be waiting a season for the next batch of chinos. You can try their dress chino with is different from their light weight chino. The dress chino is designed to hold a press/pleat all day and they sit a bit higher. During the summer they'll do a hand full that include pleats and side adjusters, but stock is always limited on these

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear long sleeved polos on casual Fridays. A lot. Tucked in under a sport jacket. I have a few button downs and cutaway collar models made-to-measure by Kazuna. They’re not the cheapest ($180 last I recall) but they’re really nice.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Robot pose in SuSu custom MTO three piece. Suit fit is the Havana. Fabric selected was a VBC Navy Birdseye. Minor alterations to sleeve and trouser length were all I required. And yes, I do tend toward longer sleeves these days (tired of my shirt and jacket cuffs riding up when I’m seated). All in all... very pleased and impressed. Especially at the sub-$1K pricing.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ How did you access Suit Supply MTO -- not in OZ, I'm guessing?
Actually, I’m in Sydney, so yes... from Oz, Just went through their online shop. This is the MTO option BTW, not MTM.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, I’m in Sydney, so yes... from Oz, Just went through their online shop. This is the MTO option BTW, not MTM.

Oh right, there is a Sydney outlet now. Sorry what are the parameters of MTO--you can change things like jacket sleeve length?

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CEP if the sleeves ride up then the sleeves are cut wrong. It needs to be cut to allow more space around the elbow and narrower on the front which will limit or eliminate any sleeve riding up.

chatelet

Reaction score
Does anyone still use P Johnson or SuitShop these days? P Johnson, in particular, seem to have gotten ridiculously expensive! Any Óscar Hunt customers here? How do they compare quality wise?
Been wondering this myself lately, ie SuitShop vs Oscar Hunt. With terrible AUD it is getting comparatively less expensive to go local, but have never done so.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been wondering this myself lately, ie SuitShop vs Oscar Hunt. With terrible AUD it is getting comparatively less expensive to go local, but have never done so.

I got a suit from SuitShop in late 2017. Half-canvassed, basic fabric, $1,300. I was happy with the service and the fit, and still am.

I went back for a shirt last year in a basic royal oxford, which was $195. Wasn't happy with the fit. They remade it for me, and I'm happy with the remade shirt, but I expected better service for the price and have gone back to online MTM for shirts (currently Proper Cloth).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads