• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bhodi

Reaction score
Suggestions for shoe restorations in Melbourne - resole and clean of uppers.

Do any shops do something similar to this?
The cobbler at Manfred's Shoe Lounge in Nth Melbourne are worth checking out. I've had them do a few leather resoles & screwed flush metal toe taps. No complaints.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Increased prices +decreased service = Australia Post.

Twice this week I’ve been waiting on AP to deliver. Both times when I went to track the items stated this item has not been scaned. WTF!

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brumbies win Tigers win. And Ireland play England. Happy St Patrick’s Day:slayer:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Geoffrey Firmin for your first night's accommodation in Osaka I recommend City Plaza Hotel. Why? Because it's cheap, clean, comfortable and easy to get to, and not too far from anything.

Rooms are small (of course) but not ridiculously so. They have hot baths up on the top floor. And a great little coffee shop on the ground floor which opens at 8am, obviating any need for the overpriced buffet breakfast.

From Kansai Airport, catch the Rapi*t train (incredibly cool, you MUST ride it) to Tengachaya station. Change to the Sakaisuji line, five or six stops to Sakaisuji-Hommachi station, alight, five minute walk to the hotel. Saves a lot of dough on bullshit taxi fares and convenient as hell.

OK, it's not a ryokan, but believe me, after a ten hour flight, you want something familiar, not paper walls and weird pillows and having to change your slippers every five metres because you entered a different "zone".

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...and if you do stay there, walk about 150m east along Hommachi-dori on the same side (you cross one set of traffic lights), and you'll come to a neat little local yakitori joint which stays open until late. Great way to finish off a long day of flying, with some icy cold Japanese draught beer (or warm sake if you prefer) and some little plates of delicious stuff. Sit at the bar. Relax. You're in Japan. There's nothing quite like it.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a roll now. Here's me sporting a bunch of Japanese denim the other day in Melbourne. Shirt is the "sawtooth" from Brycelands, a faithful copy of a Levi's Family shirt from the 50s, made for Ethan by some Japanese company. It was expensive but is incredible.

Jeans are also Japanese, from Kapital via @SpooPoker . Hat is an Akubra which I bought back in 1995. I could have worn Western boots (I have a beautiful Canadian pair) but thought that was just a bridge too far, so instead I shod myself with Carmina jumper boots from @Skoaktiebolaget . Photo was taken near the old Newmarket stockyards, an amazing little historical pocket of Melbourne I've never visited before.

I don't usually dress like this, but what the ****, you gotta live your life.
Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 10.38.57 pm.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads