• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Coxsackie know any good jazz clubs in Tokyo?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great @Coxsackie. I’m also eyeing off that sawtooth but shipping plus excise and tax into Switzerland is going to be a ball ache. None of the Japanese brands fit me well and my understanding is that Ethan has these cut to fit Westerners better.

I generally hover between a 40 and a 42 (UK jacket sizing). This shirt is a 42 and fits me well. It's a slim fit which would have been too tight around my midriff had I sized down; OTOH the sleeves are quite long, but being denim, they gather or "stack" quite well above their slim cuffs, and it's not a problem.

I'm not sure whether the shirt comes in different cuts. I'm sure Ethan will be able to find you the correct sizing though.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Problems you think you have problems? Friend sent this to me this morning.

X occasionally has coffee with some Aussie Greek wheeler-dealers now in their mid 60’s.
The other day one of them was moaning about the many problems of keeping a young wife happy.
She has her heart set on a handbag by some brand like Hermes.
The handbag is only $70K but the potential customer must also go through an interview to establish that they are a suitable buyer for the handbag

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Skoaktiebolaget . Photo was taken near the old Newmarket stockyards, an amazing little historical pocket of Melbourne I've never visited before.
I don't usually dress like this, but what the ****, you gotta live your life.
Funny you should mention it. A little while back I re-visited Newmarket - its all gentrified and sanitised now but many years ago (when I was a slim rock dog) - I lived in rural Victoria and had my own transport business with a semi trailer. I used to cart cattle, (and buy and sell them), amongst other things, and was a frequent visitor for work to Newmarket. Its probably hard to envisage now but that entire large piece of land from Racecourse Road down to the river - was all sheep and cattle yards. There was rivers of **** flowing 24/7. It was large enough to have its own streets inside and post office and bar etc. In addition they used to drive cattle and sheep along the streets of Flemington with horses and dogs from over the other side of Racecourse road. I often did 2 or more trips in 24 hours there and unloading and loading at midnight was a common experience.

492520-small.jpg

149177-small.jpg

conqueror

Reaction score
i'm hardly a jazz dude, but i went to blue note in aoyama and had a good time. saw arto lindsay and keigo oyamada. from memory my orange juice was $16 or so.

Sharpe

Reaction score
I've got about 6 or 7 of them.

They're OTR suits, so if you're looking to pick holes in them (not literally) or any OTR suit, then you'll not have trouble in finding things to be concerned about. It's a $400-550 suit hanging on a rack - it's not been designed specifically for you and your body's idio-syncracies.

For that price-point, that quality, and that level of aesthetic, IMO there's nothing better. Some of their range can be a little too 'exotic' for office-attire (Washington, Copenhagen, Lazio, etc), but their range is so wide and diverse that I'd be stunned if you couldn't find something that didn't align to requirements or your workplace code.

I know it's fashionable to beat up on SuitSupply in some circles but from first-hand experience over years, their service is magnificent, and their suits are the best value for money in the market bar none.

Can't wait till they come to Melbourne. Hopefully their sports coats fit nicely.

I have an Oscar hunt cotton jacket but was never happy with the size of the shoulders. Or maybe it's too much padding that makes it look odd on me. Pretty sure it's not something they can fix.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an Oscar hunt cotton jacket but was never happy with the size of the shoulders. Or maybe it's too much padding that makes it look odd on me. Pretty sure it's not something they can fix.

It's possible to remove (or to add) padding/wadding to shoulders, so if the issue is too much padding, they can replace it with a thinner pad.

If you want narrower shoulders, that can be done, too, but it's considerably more complicated and expensive.

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, long time no post.

I've got a few pairs of shoes that have fallen and stayed out of rotation for some time now, and my loss is your gain and all that. I'll get some photos over the next few days, but feel free to PM if anything takes your fancy.

Meermin George Boot (think tall chukka, laces at top) 10 UK F. Double leather soles, toe taps, not broken in. $75
C&J for RL Penny Loafers, dark brown shell, 11D US (~10UK equiv). Too small for me, wide heels so had some suede sewn in, which could be removed. Minimal wear, $200.
RMW black suede Craftsman? 10G I forget the model name, chisel toe, leather lining and insole, rubber outsole (the dress rubber, not the two tone). Worn maybe 3 times. $150
Carmina navy suede longwings, double danite, natural welt, again worn maybe 3 times. On Forest last, 10.5UK F. $150
Carmina burgundy shell split toe penny loafers, again had suede sewn in the heels to prevent movement. Single leather outsole, 10.5UK F Forest last. $250.

Happy to make deals if you want more than one pair, if the prices are off, let me know, its been a while since I've looked on the marketplace or checked the thread.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
know any good jazz clubs in Tokyo?

There's Blue Note in Omotesando, which is basically between Shibuya and Roppongi. It has domestic jazz plus high-end international acts.

http://www.bluenote.co.jp/jp/

There's another, smaller jazz club also in Omotesando called Body and Soul, which has some interesting acts, although it's quite some time since I've been there so I'm not sure what it's like anymore.

http://www.bodyandsoul.co.jp/

There are also "jazz kissa" (a contraction of jazz kissaten - a kissaten is a coffee shop), which usually don't have live jazz but which play jazz records so you can relax and listen to jazz while drinking coffee - the Japanese author Murakami Haruki often mentions jazz kissa in his novels. Some of them have really fantastic, intricate sound systems.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny you should mention it. A little while back I re-visited Newmarket - its all gentrified and sanitised now but many years ago (when I was a slim rock dog) - I lived in rural Victoria and had my own transport business with a semi trailer. I used to cart cattle, (and buy and sell them), amongst other things, and was a frequent visitor for work to Newmarket. Its probably hard to envisage now but that entire large piece of land from Racecourse Road down to the river - was all sheep and cattle yards. There was rivers of **** flowing 24/7. It was large enough to have its own streets inside and post office and bar etc. In addition they used to drive cattle and sheep along the streets of Flemington with horses and dogs from over the other side of Racecourse road. I often did 2 or more trips in 24 hours there and unloading and loading at midnight was a common experience.

492520-small.jpg

149177-small.jpg

Remember going past it. Was amazing.

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.