• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
doh, didn't pay attention to any of the other sales as I had my eye on a barbour jacket @ country attire...go to buy it and turns out they have distributions restrictions on sending our barbours >.<

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

doh, didn't pay attention to any of the other sales as I had my eye on a barbour jacket @ country attire...go to buy it and turns out they have distributions restrictions on sending our barbours >.<

End clothing is the go to store for Barbour. I am over casual jackets now
1f61e.png

d4g6k11

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm new to Style forum and I live in Brisbane. I'm a pleb when it comes to clothing but I'm reading up as much as I can. Any Aussie retailers good to keep an eye on for post christmas sales?

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What did everyone buy during the holidays? I picked up a pale grey light weight linen trousers, a 60/40 linen/cotton denim blue washed Brando jacket, a hunter green plaid jacket and a green bangal stripe shirt from Mjb. As well as a neutral linen bd and a seersucker aqua/white shirt from BB outlets. That's it for 2016.

Last edited:

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello everyone. I'm new to Style forum and I live in Brisbane. I'm a pleb when it comes to clothing but I'm reading up as much as I can. Any Aussie retailers good to keep an eye on for post christmas sales?

Check out mj bale and also brooks brother outlet stores.
1f600.png

smeggett

Reaction score
What did everyone buy during the holidays? I picked up a pale grey light weight linen trousers, a 60/40 linen/cotton denim blue washed Brando jacket, a hunter green plaid jacket and a green bangal stripe shirt from Mjb. As well as a neutral linen bd and a seersucker aqua/white shirt from BB outlets. That's it for 2016.

I got myself some shaving gear - Merkur razor, a nice badger hair shaving brush and stand and 100 razor blades - figure this will set me up for quite a while!

All through Amazon, but needed to be shipped to a mate in the States as there was no local delivery.

Decreased

Reaction score

Scored some Trickers bourton brogues in suede at 50% off from Mr porter, nothing else of note.

Did the outlets today to try and find tropical weight or open weave wool trousers, no luck.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Ralph Lauren grey/white herringbone tweed jacket for $4 at an op shop in Surry Hills.

Ironically I have a similar (but cashmere tweed, from an Italian mill, with blue flecks), which was bespoke and cost orders of magnitude more, but I've lost 15kg since and only got to wear it twice.

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chaps this may be an odd question but there doesn't seem to be a general thread, I'm sitting in Sydney right now, I might be visiting London soon, and some of you seem like you'd know these things.

About 10 years ago I remember visiting Savile Row in January and both picking up heavily discounted items, and looking through (but not picking up anything from) "unpaid order racks" at places like Dege & Skinner. My memory is fuzzy as to exactly what is going on.

a. what is the sale period, if there is one, post-Christmas in Savile Row/Jermyn St? any highlights?
b. what's with the unpaid order rack? I remember a suit was around 250 GBP or thereabouts - is my memory vastly off?

With the GBP where it is I'm looking forward to the trip, even if South Kensington is now a pedestrian area surrounded by Ferraris.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What up, losers!

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Check out mj bale and also brooks brother outlet stores.
1f600.png

With MJ Bale, if you can wait, you can wait till the additional 25% (or is it 20%) off the already reduced prices. Also pay attention to their online store from time to time.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads