• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eightace

Reaction score
Sydneysiders,

I went to Harrold's today to check out the sale.

They have a few pairs of Gaziano & Girling at 60% off, and some Carmina chelsea boots & loafers also at 60% off.

A bargain if they've got something you like. Not as much of a bargain as the jacket in my signature below👇, but good value nonetheless.

Markodevil

Reaction score
Anyone know where to grab some knit tees? With spring just around the corner, I have been trying to find some short-sleeve knit t-shirts. M.J Bale had the Elba Knit Tee, but the colour choices were rather limited.

downunderdoc

Reaction score
Anyone know where to grab some knit tees? With spring just around the corner, I have been trying to find some short-sleeve knit t-shirts. M.J Bale had the Elba Knit Tee, but the colour choices were rather limited.
Depends on your budget. P Johnson has some (overpriced for the quality IMO). Rubinacci is much better quality for slightly more money. Rubato even more expensive but apparently very good.

sensuki

Reaction score

Christian Kimber has some good knit polos (pricy though). For round neck knit tees I order mine from Iolo Korea.

__PG__

Reaction score
Anyone else liking the double breasted resurgence? I've always been a fan but it's been quite difficult to find anything till now. There's so many choices available now, it's great
Whereabouts are you finding double breasted options?

Peter Jackson have some nice double-breasted winter suits. My only double-breasted suit to-date is a Peter Jackson three-piece.

MJ Bale have some double-breasted sports jackets this winter, but no double-breasted suit option.

Instagram provided Reiss as an option of double breasted. They have lots of soft-shouldered, patch-pocket designs which is what I'm after.

I tried this one on in DJ's today.

But it was really stiff and heavy. I've never heard of Reiss before - apparently they've been around since the 1970's. I guess its a fully-fused 'fashion' label, on par with Boss etc?

A big contrast to the MJ Bale Cornello Double Breasted jacket which is so light and soft.

Nolvadex

Reaction score
Whereabouts are you finding double breasted options?

Peter Jackson have some nice double-breasted winter suits. My only double-breasted suit to-date is a Peter Jackson three-piece.

MJ Bale have some double-breasted sports jackets this winter, but no double-breasted suit option.

Instagram provided Reiss as an option of double breasted. They have lots of soft-shouldered, patch-pocket designs which is what I'm after.

I tried this one on in DJ's today.

But it was really stiff and heavy. I've never heard of Reiss before - apparently they've been around since the 1970's. I guess its a fully-fused 'fashion' label, on par with Boss etc?

A big contrast to the MJ Bale Cornello Double Breasted jacket which is so light and soft.

I don't buy Aussie brands as they don't fit me very well. Reiss is a fashion brand so not the best for suits.

I bought mine from Natalino. Fits me well and decent price point, similar to mj bale. Otherwise I like Ring Jacket, The Armoury, Berg and Berg, Spier Mackay and Suit supply.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else liking the double breasted resurgence? I've always been a fan but it's been quite difficult to find anything till now. There's so many choices available now, it's great
I have had several made here in Perth recently...

GtFG

Reaction score
Hi all,

For resoling of shoes / shoe repairs, is there anything beyond Evans in the conservative business dress or Manfred's in the north that would be highly recommended? Have not been to the latter, and finding time with young kids is tricky to do it. Face ripped on price from Evans a year ago for a pair of C&Js.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

For resoling of shoes / shoe repairs, is there anything beyond Evans in the conservative business dress or Manfred's in the north that would be highly recommended? Have not been to the latter, and finding time with young kids is tricky to do it. Face ripped on price from Evans a year ago for a pair of C&Js.
Evans are a nonsense. While I am no longer in Oz, Manfreds, for Melbourne, they are probably as good as it gets. They have worked on many pairs of Lobbs and Greens For me. Satisfactorily.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrCoCo